Starting off

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Alakz, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Alright so basically i have never grown before but i really wanna give it a shot and i was wondering what i need to do to get started, i can tell you that i don't have a lot of money so the cheaper the better.

I already have some good seeds, no imperfections such as holes or cracks, maybe around 50 or 60 good seeds...

The problem for me would be the growing part where should i grow, what soils grow lights if need be etc.

2. also what could be my expected yield and how long will it be b4 i can smoke it !

3. Before you plant anything read the stickies.

It being my first time I would go for a soil grow. Start them inside or out if warm enough at night - sex them " also in stickies " then go for the outdoor grow.

Plants outdoors can yeild 1 - 2 lbs depending on variety and conditions.

Good luck and welcome aboard !!

Grins and smiles :)

4. cool man thanks for the welcome :D

One thing i really cant find or understand is why they need 24 hours of sunlight, i mean couldnt i just plant them outside and give them 12-14 hours of sun?

The seeds i have are pretty crappy it was from some good mids that i bought a while back and i have plenty so i was wondering if i could just bury all of them outside and let mother nature take care of it...

By the way i live in Pennsylvania and we only get around 2-3 real hot months where the temp and humidity are around 90-95 and the humidity is about 60% on a good day.

5. As long as the threat of frost has past you can put outside. you can go with 18 hrs of sun if you want - the reason for the longer light this time of year is so the plants dont go immediately into the flowering stage because of the current 12-13 hr light cycle we have now.