starting my tolerance break

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by dtoken210, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Hey I just started my account so this is my first post, but I've been a reader for over 3-4 years. I have been token for about 4 years give or take some and have been smoking the dank multiple times a day everyday for 3 of those years non stop. I've decided to finally take a t break for a month and I was hoping for some advice and tips on what to do. Thanks guys

2. Welcome. Does the 210 Stand for the tone Texas? if so :wave:

3. You only need 3 weeks max. Spend time doing things you haven't done in a while because most likely you will be bored more often. Also, save your money. Don't ever rationalize that because you aren't spending money on weed, then you should spend money elsewhere. Before you know it, it'll be over. Next thing, when you smoke, you will be soooooo high.

4. Check out my other post on pickups

5. Haha thanks maki will do.

6. Good luck man

7. Thanks man, I just know sleeping will be hard for the first few days.

8. [quote name='"Makizushi"']You only need 3 weeks max. Spend time doing things you haven't done in a while because most likely you will be bored more often. Also, save your money. Don't ever rationalize that because you aren't spending money on weed, then you should spend money elsewhere. Before you know it, it'll be over. Next thing, when you smoke, you will be soooooo high.[/quote]

This
    Also you might have some trouble sleeping and you have to do something instead of tv get out walk around enjoy nature sober

9. Is there anything y'all have used to get to sleep on those first few nights sober? And ya I'm gonna workout everyday, take walks, clean my room and car, visit my gma, play bass again, work at my new job, and actually do my homework before the night its due. I just want to get stupid high again, to where everything is an adventure, not just a habit to get high before everything and not even have it last or be intense. If y'all have seen my pickup thread, I should be feeling intense lol.

10. I have heard good things about melatonin but if your fine with little sleep you can just find some one else late at night and talk get close to a girl

11. started mine couple days ago. Sober Life nugga!

12. [quote name='"AcidSnow"']I have heard good things about melatonin but if your fine with little sleep you can just find some one else late at night and talk get close to a girl[/quote]

That's a really good idea man, I haven't done that in years haha

13. [quote name='"smokeyeyes12"']started mine couple days ago. Sober Life nugga![/quote]

Good luck to you man, I think I may slow down vs cold Turkey. Cold Turkey seems impossible, slowing down to once a day when everything important is done seems possible.

14. Nah go cold turkey. I went from 2 years straight to cold turkey. It's been 10 days now but after the first 3 it's not even hard anymore. But you will from time to time get an "itch" to smoke. I'm taking my break until I get a job, so I hope that is soon hahaah
    But seriously, go cold turkey. Weed obviously isn't addicting so just do it.

15. Cold turkey FTW!

16. the first week is the hardest! i always find after the first week im really not that botherd about smoking,but i have had a few breaks so im used to it by now

17. This is my 2nd t break in 3 years.
    I got to stop anyway as I've got nasal surgery thursday, what would happen if I didn't get enough or no sleep at all before then.
    I'm not fussed bout not having weed just about sleep and Im not allowed to take sleeping tablets.