starting my germination question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LemonSourD, Jan 27, 2013.

1. hello i have 1 autoflower seed i want to germ n plant asap and im wonderin on how i should germ it i have peat pellets 2 packs with 6 pellet trays that i was just gonna toss the 1 seed in the tray and use the dome is this an effective way??

or

should i just toss in a cup of warm water n put it in my drawer in my room temperate in complete darkness n check the first 24 hours n hope the root sprouts i have done this with reggie seeds for practice n mostly all germed n most all had a very long root

which is the most effective way becuse i only have 1 auto seed that i need to germ that i ordered and the only way ive done before was the cup in water in a dark place way but im scared if it will drown it

which way is the most effective way and i have absolutely no idea using the napkin n tray method so im sure that would be the worst for me

Thank you!:smoking::hello:

2. Should I use the water n cup method

Or

Just the peat pellet

3. I put them in a shot glass of distilled water for 12-24 hours (until they sink, 24 hours max).
    Then I place them in damp paper towels in a ziplock bag in a dark warm place for another 24-48 hours (check every 12 or so) until they have about 1/4" tap root showing (if they don't pop a root don't bother putting in dirt) then I place them (taproot down) 1/2" down in pre-soaked seedling mix.
    1 - 3 days later BAM beautiful baby girls!

I've done this for over a decade and as long as the seed is viable it works 100%.

4. i place mine in between 2 soggy paper towels under a plate for 2 days and plant as soon as the taproot shows, works everytime just make sure you keep the paper towels wet and dont check after putting it under the plate for 36 hrs

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. thank you very much after they pop put them right into the main pot im going to use for my autoflower and put the light under the seedling 2" from the soil?

6. Yup autos go right into their final pot and flouros always stay as close as you can get them.

7. i put them on my heater in soaked paper towels and they sprouted in a day

8. #8 Barbiedahl, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    I soak mine in water, then when the seeds sink to the bottom I place them between a neatly foldly paper towel. I use the same water to moisten the folded paper towel. Not too wet, moist! I put them in a large baggie close it almost all the way up and then insert a straw and blow into it expanding the baggie. I close it up quickly, place it in a metal pie plate or a frying pan and put it on my furnace which emits low heat due to the pilot. This is also where I place my seeds when soaking them. It works fantastic!

9. I like the paper towel way temps about 70f . Or i also like to use rockwool . I m just using rockwool at this point.
    Its basically the same as paper towel but you plant the rock wool not just a sprout .

10. Lol. This thread is over 7 years old.

• Like Like x 1