Starting my first grow..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by the1whoknocks9, Jan 22, 2015.

1. I'm starting my first grow soon and I've been reading up on all the (mildly overwhelming) guides to starting. I've tried to put it all together and would like an opinion on what I'm missing or any tips. I realize my yield won't be very optimal.

• peat pellets for germinating the seeds
    • CFL 125 watt 2700k and CFL 125 watt 6700k
    • fox farm soil and nutrients

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The peat is a great medium for seedlings.
    You may want more than 2 of the CFL but I don't know sens I haven't used them, but I see people with dozens of them.
    Fox farm is awesome, almost like it's made specifically for growing weed... I'm currently using it as an ingredient in my organic soil mix.

3. Yea I was thinking about getting another light tbh, thanks for the input!

4. Everywhere I read said the same thing. More light is bigger bud. The only deterring factor then is heat. But vents and fans allow bigger bulbs. Bigger bulbs mean bigger yields. However I am also a huge advocate for doing what you can with what you've got. Best of luck and may you raise strong ladies.

5. Depends, how many plants do you plan on running? In how big a space? These are factors you have to think about before buying lights. As far as equipment, make sure you have an exhaust venting the grow spot every 5 mins. Don't forget a ph meter. Growing can be really simple, just takes some research and planning.

6. My goal was 2 plants to start, and I have a couple options for the grow area.

is larger space or smaller space more ideal? I was thinking to go with larger only because there is more airflow, but if smaller will be better I can put a fan in there to take care of that.

My only concern with a fan is wont it cool the space? I'm a little nervous about the temperature.

Is aluminum foil an okay alternative on walls surrounding the plants or would it do more harm then good?

Thank you already to the people who have gotten back to me on this I really appreciate it! :)

7. I would avoid aluminum foil.. i lined my box with white posterboard until my tent arrived.
    I'd say obviously more room is more ideal.. yes the fan will cool it I guess you could say depending on the strength of the fan. Its not like you want it to be hot..

8. I would avoid aluminum foil, it creates hot spots. I'd just use white panda film or white paint. I'd go with the bigger space because bigger is better in this case. As long as your exhaust system is optimal, your temps should be fine.

9. Thank you for answering my questions!