Starting my first grow. A few ?s

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Piffmiester, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Ok so after looking around I believe that a CFL lighting set up will work best for me. I am just looking to grow about 2-4 plants max. Also how long does it usually take to harvest. I see some of these 4 weeks veg and 8 weeks floweting. Does that mean 12 weeks all together from sprout/clone to harvest? I am kind of lost on what soil to buy. Anyways I bought 4 23w 2700k lights, 2 4300k lights and 2 5000k lights all 23w. Do you think this will be sufficiant for my grow and also what kind of fixture would be cheap and good for these bulbs. Thanks ahead of time! Happy toking!

2. For CFLs, stick with 2700k for flowering and between 5000k and 6500k for veg. Anything between those will not be as effective for plant growth. And as for time from seed to harvest, it really depends on how you grow it and the genetics of the plant. I've seen some plants that take as little as 6-7 weeks to flower while some can take up to 10 weeks and beyond. The length of veg is up to you, but most people recommend waiting for the plant to mature. This time is of course variable, depending on how much light you have and whether you have optimal environmental conditions. If the environment and lighting is optimum, it should take anywhere between 3 weeks and maybe 6 weeks for a plant to become mature. However, some people skip veg all together and go straight into 12/12 to reduce the size of the plant and duration from seed to harvest. If you want a bigger harvest, stick with vegging the plant.

3. Actually I just rechecked and it seems that I have 6 2700k bulbs (27w) and 2 5000k bulbs (27w). Will this due? Also can someone explain to me the difference between flowering and veg states. The veg is the plant growing and the flowering is the buds growing, right? How much on average can I expect from each healthy plant in decent conditions?

4. :wave:YOU can get socket adapters that will plug into a power strip. then put in"Y" adapter in to hold two bulbs per outlet.check out the cfl. grows here in gc:gc_rocks:

5. Can you send me a link on where to get these at. I walked around home depot for about 20 mins yesterday trying to figure out what to buy for my setup.

6. I would like to know which lights to use first and how long before I start their flowering stage.

7. If you don't know the difference between veg stage and flowering stage, you should be doing more research. Read through the stickies at the top of the indoor or absolute beginners forums, they really do help a lot.

8. Read the threads in my sig.