starting my first crop

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bigjtex, Jul 10, 2007.

1. so i just moved to a new town and cant find any bud around here so i found an old baggie with seeds and stems in it. the seeds are 6-7 months old and i was wondering if they will germinate. also i live in the coastal area of texas so himidity is not a prob but overall temp might be it is runng from 90-100 degrees. also would like to know the yeild of 1-2 plants. i started the germination process earlier today, so any info would be nice. and also the length of the grow cycle from germination to harvest. thanks alot

2. well seeds dont go bad i dont think. you should see if you can squeeze themm with your fingertips. if they break, they arn't good. a good way to germinate is with a wet paper towel, in a plastic zip-loc bag and keep it in a dark place. im not sure about the yeild of your plants though.

3. 1 female, unpollinated plant should yield anywhere from 0.5 to 4 ounces.

On your first grow with bagseed, dont expect more than like 0.8-1.2 ounces. Not to say ur plant'll grow less because you're amatuer, but you're most probably not gonna have everything right the first time.

You're on the path to success though, using these forums is the easiest resource i've found so far.

Anyway, back to your question: Seeds can last average 3-4 decent years. Some kid said his dad's seeds still sprouted after 10-11 years.

I actually found a much easier way of germinating seeds: get a cup of water (distilled if possible), throw the seeds in, and leave them in a cool, dark place with no light. They take a little longer to sprout this way, but it makes it hard for you to fucc it up: it's easy to check the seeds, and to plant them, just pour the seed into some soil... voila!

Keep me posted. :)

HINT: You're in Texas, there's weed everywhere around you, you just gotta talk to the right people and be friendly.

4. im currently growing 3 plants that were 5 year old seeds so chances r ur seeds are still good, pic whichever method of germination u prefer they are both extremely easy.

5. so i dont have alot of space to use i gotta keep if behind the shed, but they germinated nicely. i just put them in and have two questions so here goes.

1. as i was getting the seeds off the towel the shell of one seed peeled off, is that a prob? and...

2. i only have room for two plants what are my chances of both coming up male?

6. each one has a 50/50 chance of either secks, 2 plants up ur odds at 1 female at least to i think 80% or so.

about the shell it might not be a problem but it might be if u damaged the root at all, just let em do their thing and if it doesnt sprout ull have ur answer. just be patient and wait a week or so before u start digging and looking if it grew or not.