starting my 3rd grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by moderndayhippie, Apr 29, 2008.

1. ok im goin to start out by letting u know my conditions for growing. i live in louisiana, and live on about 5 acres of forest...private property all fenced off, there is a creek running about 30ft from my plot..and the soil is pretty good but kind of clayish but i will add peatmoss and better soil to it,i only want to grow a few plants like 10 or 15 and i have 10 plants all about 3 or 4 inches tall they seem healthy :), i want to put another 5 plants into germination tomarrow. im pretty shure they should all grow and i dont have alot to worry about (because louisiana is pretty warm) and no one ever goes on my property and there is a creek beside my plot. but i few questions.

1. will the clayish soil cause problems for the roots​
    2. im worried about insects how can i stop them befor they get to my crops​
    3. i live in a small town but should i be worried about planes​
    4. and about how much bud should i get if its 50/50 male female (i AM removing males)​
    those are about all my questions if any one could help me with these i would be very thankful.

and allso my first 2 grows turned out good but was only a few plants and in a diff. state.

i have researched alot about marijuana and i am pretty furmilure with it.

ps. i used bag seeds (i know bad move)but i couldnt find any real seeds​

thank you, ​
    ~ a stoner in need​

2. i got a grow going on right now in louisiana also. my 20 or so plants are about 1 month old, a foot tall and doing fine. i also grow in some sandy soil near a stream, but they don't seem to be affected by it. one good thing is it rains all the time i noticed (i'm not from louisiana). i'm leaving my plants for the summer and hoping the humidity will add some moisture to counteract the heat. i just hope there's plenty of rain during the summer. i also kinda put my plants in shade, so they aren't in direct heat, cuz it's fuckin hot as shit in the summer. it's hard to do, but i finally found a spot that wasn't near pine trees. i'm just using the ground soil and the plants seem to like it. i'm also using bagseed from mexi-brick weed.
    to answer your questions from my personal experience bearing in mind this is my first grow, but i'm just giving you personal experience from the same area.
    1. my plants seem to like the sandy soil, prolly cuz it's really light, but also has a lot of nutes in it from decaying plant matter around them
    2. i haven't had a problem wit insects yet, but watch out for deer
    3. if u scatter ur plot u should be good. who wants to walk miles into the woods in louisiana heat for a couple plants?
    4. i hear a plant can get up to a pound outdoors
    so again, i'm also a beginner, but have learned a few things and hopefully u can use some of the info i provided, seeing as we're in the same state under the same conditions
    good luck on the grow man!

3. thanks twistpro,
    thanks for the help. i will probally put up sum mesh wire stuff to keep away the dear and im gonna pray that every thing goes well for the both of us and we get a pound per plant lol good luck!

4. Get 30 gal crawfish trap to put around you plant works good for me. And for strains i would def pick some with a hogh mold and peat tolerance. And check um often to catch them quick. Oh yea the crawfish trap can also work like scrog Happy growin

5. [quote name='"bayoublaster"']Get 30 gal crawfish trap to put around you plant works good for me. And for strains i would def pick some with a hogh mold and peat tolerance. And check um often to catch them quick. Oh yea the crawfish trap can also work like scrog Happy growin[/quote]

Also if lily pads are available spred dem around the base. It ands nuts as the decompose and shade the roots while retaining water

6. Mostly everything I heard was true.. but maximum yield outdoors can absolutely exceed 5 pounds..

7. 5 lbs a plant is totally possibly. With the right nutes and perfect outdoor area and a good strain, but most plants don't live long enough to get to that age though.

8. Your going to get 1-2 Ozs per plant if your lucky, you started to late the plants are going to be flowering in a month maybe a lil later meanin that monster plants are out of the question this year. You need to start in April if u want monsters maybe even march depending on the early season weather.