Starting Indoor Growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sol Racht, Apr 3, 2013.

1. #1 Sol Racht, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
    I'm ready to start growing. I've got some seeds germinating and I'm preparing to get the materials necessary to grow.

I have two options as far as a space is concerned, and questions based on each.

I'm not concerned about any of the security, visibility, odor, blah blah. I've got all that already handled. I just need to know what I should do.

I have a room:
    http://tm14.net/uploads/room.jpg

And a closet:
    http://tm14.net/uploads/closet.jpg

And I'm having trouble deciding which one to use.

If I use my room, the plants can double up as decoration and I can rely on the sunlight filtering in through the window.

My question here is, if I use my room, can I rely heavily on the sunlight? (I'll be buying a couple of lamps to facilitate vegetation since I'm only getting 12/12 natural light cycles from the sun; I'd cut the lamps out of the picture entirely when I'm ready to flower) Also, will light coming in through the window affect growth at all?

My next thoughts are my closet (after cleaning it out of course), but that's a harder to pull job because of the lighting and ventilation aspects of growing. I would rely heavily on my lamps, which would probably yield a better result.

My final remarks are, if I can use my room for efficient growth, I'd love to. But I am unsure of which space to pick, quite frankly.

And lastly, I smoke in my room (herb). Would that effect plant growth at all? Sorry if it sounds silly, but I don't want to 'choke' the plants with my smoke... if that makes any sense.

Anyway, I'll appreciate any helpful tid bits and all prompt replies! It would help me immensely.

2. OK... I didn't ask an unreasonable question, did I?

bumped, anyway.

3. I think the closed is better.In night u will lose light from lamps thrue the window.For the ventilation not a big poblem u can create something like wall from carton or something else with a hole for air/ventilation.

4. I should probably mention that I'm using soil and cfls. I've been leaning towards using the closet and you've given me the reassurance I need. thank you. :)

5. You won't get enough sunlight from the window. And you'll have to move it around loads and it'll stretch etc = unnecessary headache.

Line the inside of ur closet with Mylar or white paper and set up as many CFLs as u can and get an inline fan ( use an old pc fan I u have one) a small 6 inch oscillating fan and your good to go for now. Then look into adding an extraction fan and carbon filter.

6. the walls in my closet are white, would I still need Mylar? I read the my options are either paint my walls white, or use Mylar, so I figured that I'd be good without it. do correct me if I'm misinformed. I'm pretty new to horticulture all together, so I'm nervous about messing up my crops.

7. If they're already white then you're cool.

You're in the right place to ask whatever you need to about growing man. Everyone here will help you out. If you feel you're not getting a response, then there's probably a sticky or a thread that discusses your question.

Happy growing.

Blaze