starting from scratch

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by djam2020, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Whats yalls advice on the qiuckest methods to sexing random ass seeds.

2. Grow them up until they show pre=flowers.

3. There is no way to tell the sex of seeds other than growing them out.

4. ^^ this. it'll be a month or so before you know any kind of sex. the only way to know sex before this is to buy feminized seeds, but they are more expensive than just normal seeds.

5. #6 djam2020, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    I have my own methods but more specifically I was asking what your own personal methods are at sexing. For example when abouts do you take your clones from an unsexed plant before throwing it into flowering, Or do you throw the unsexed plant into flowering and than take cuttings. I was just seeing what works best for you in your own experience. Obiosly I want to go through this stage fairly quickly. What in your oppinion, form your experience, is the quickest methods to sex a number of random ass plants.

6. Get some Choline.

Its how they make feminized seeds. It changes the hormone level so its a female, but is difficult to use and can cause hermies.

7. You take your cuttingd for clones from your unsexed plant, when that plant is big enough to provide branches with enough nodes, 2-3, anyone correct me. I'm going by Greenman videos on youtube. Then you put, after appropriate rooting, those cuttings into 12/12 to flower. Then you'll find out what sex you have. So this is why multiple plants are used to source your cuttings. To find the female. People will take two from each potential mother, rooting them both vegging one and flowering the other.
    So when you find the female you have your second one ready to go right to flower.
    The Greenman videos are pretty good at showing this in action, course you will need two grow sections, isolated lightwise from the other . This does take time, but does start the perpetual grow cycle.I started with 20 sprouts, went 4 wks before flower and was lucky in ending up with 10 females, 7 of those are flowering and the others are back in veg for the future, although I am going to buy seed for the next grow.
    How's that?

8. Great. Thanks