Starting From Scratch

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DLJ, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Heyo, so I'm in the beginning stages of planning a single-plant grow, for now. I'm going to start with one plant to make sure that whatever I try works well before I go gung-ho.

Anyway! I have a basic idea how to get sprouts going, but afterwards, I've got no clue. I know I need to monitor temperature, water pH, amount of water, and amount of light... Anything else?

I'm thinking about building a growbox out of plastic or fiberglass, probably like 4'x4'x4'. Now, as for it's location, chances are the box would end up in my barn, which isn't at the moment easy to maintain an environment, so I'd be creating it's environment inside the box. What are some ideas for maintaining temperature and humidity?

Now, as for timeframe. I've read that it's ideal to let it grow to between 8-18 inches tall before switching to a flowering cycle, would anybody argue that?
    As for flowering, I've read that on average, you should have it flowering for about two months, give or take a couple weeks depending on strain, yes?

And last, but not least, how do I go about curing the buds after they are harvested?

Now that we've established that I'm ridiculously noobish, which would be easier to start with, hydroponic or soil?