Starting First Grow, Did I Get The Right Stuff? (Pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by raw tunes, Feb 8, 2008.

1. ok so im going to start growing in my closet in a pretty big rubber maid container

heres what i got

Potting Soil
    Miracle Gro Plant Food
    Transplant Kit
    Peat Pellets
    Digital Timer
    26 Watt CFL Lights
    2 Clip Lamps

and i still need to get clay pots or something to hold the plant after transplant

im worried i got the wrong soil and plant food, is that stuff going to be fine

Attached Files:

2. Mircale grow is deadly to plants if used alone. Use regular potting soil and maybe a 10% mixture of MG. You should really get some nutrients online. I use bghydro.com . Here are some tips I gave another guy:

A good general rule of thumb:
    Stick your finger one inch into the soil if its wet then wait another day to water, if not then water. The bigger the plant the more inches you will need to stick your finger, but watch out for roots :eek:.

Good tips:

Hot air rises, so angle the fan to blow upwards.

To prevent stretching keep the lights 2-3 inches from the tops. Use CFLs, set them up like mine http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/206862-friggin-clones.html#post2226826 (all of that can be purchased at home depot in the electrical aisle).

Have no less than 4 plants or else u might be stuck with all males. (I would do as many as possible)

Get large pots so that you don't have to transplant later. (Plants can get root-bound and not grow to their potential.

Have the fan lightly blowing the plants so that the stems may strengthen.

3. so is that soil ok to mix with miracle grow

and whered you get a fan like the one in your setup

i looked at Lowes today and couldnt find anything

4. The fan, walmart.

I wouldn't really use MG at all. Just use regular potting soil with some perlite for now. Really, u should consider hydro, once u get the basics down, it's easier than soil.

Some benefits to hydro

Faster grow time

Better yeild

Automated (I left town for 3.5 weeks and came back to find my plants ready to flower)

5. dang 3.5 weeks
    thats very nice
    that was one of my issues, having to leave town

i think after i get through a soil grow, ill look into hydro
    but this is my first grow so im still learning
    and i think i should get some experience first