starting clones

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by marvin potter, Oct 23, 2008.

1. hello,
    any sugestions for starting clones?
    lights? HID, Flourecent, gorw or regular?
    how long to run lights?
    tempurature?
    soil vs. rock wool, perlite?
    clone-x or root tone? for dip
    clone-x nutrant or olivia's?
    has anyone used any of the clone starters that are hydroponic? or is this a waste?
    Thanks for any input and any suggested reading!:hello:
    Marvin Potter

2. I personally use an 8 site airoponic cloner. It was really cheap to build. I think the most expensive part was the submersible pump. I personally wouldn't clone any other way. You don't need dips or nutrients or anything. Just keep the resevoir clean and full for a few weeks and viola, clones.

I think you can buy similar setups (8 site) for $30-$40. Well worth the investment in my opinion.

3. thanks,
    what type of light do you use with the airaponic cloner? and are thare any photos of this type of system? I will check on line possibly u-tube.
    Thanks

4. I use either a 150W CFL or a 250W MH for the clones. Really depends on what else I have going on at the time.

You can see a similar cloner here...

http://www.bghydro.com/mmBGH/Images/daisy8.jpg

It's basically a 2 gallon resevoir with a lid and 8 2" holes drilled into it. In these holes you put 2" net pots (http://www.77hydrostore.com/acc040.html) with neoprene collars. Then, inside there is a submersible pump with a 360 degree spray nozzle. Pretty basic stuf but it works great. Clones usually root in 7-14 days.

Good luck.

5. I use flouro's, 24/7 photo period, temps. should be normal, humidity @ 100%, I use peat pellets and rootone but recommend Olivia's gel.

6. The resoponses were great. I saw some on the internet and understand completly. I will make a clone box and build one of the aeroponic systems I may use the bubbler or a 360 degree spray, Heck I may build both and see which works better for me.
    Thanks for the ansewers.
    Mr. Potter

7. I would definately recommend the 360 degree spray nozzle. If you use the bubbler you have to keep a closer eye on the resevoir level. Can be a pain in the arse.

I don't want you thinking this is the only way though. There are plenty of other more cost effective ways out there. Rooting hormone and rockwool worked for me for years before I built my aeroponic cloner. I was just sharing the info because you asked if anyone had used one.

Good luck.

8. GAC=GROWING AGRICULTURED CANABANIODS if you repot bury your 2 lower sets of branches trim at least 2 leaf nodes on ea. root tone fill in pot laeving branches to become runners.In veg stage they will devovep roots while still atached to the main stok.It takes about 22 days before u can dig up & seperate.Plant just like rag plant same light as u give a transplanted plant. this saves all the hassle cloning no ex equipment requird[gac:38377129]

9. Two words. EZ Cloner

Used it loved it. Easiest thing in the world, all you do fill it with water and chemicals, put rooting gel on the clones and bam! In 7-10 days you are good to go. I put 30 under 2 T5 flo lights.

10. I had wondered if that would work.
    Do you do it with soil? and does it work with perlite as well?
    Thanks I will try this as well.
    Marvin Pothead

11. The EZ Cloner is great. sSame basic idea as the clone bucket I described earlier, just with a lot more nozzles and net pots. If you are only cloning a few at a time (<8), the EZ cloner may be over kill. Especially for the price.

Good luck.