Starting clones in July?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 5dollarftlong, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Ok so 1 of my 2 plants turned male and I'm thinking about cloning my girl. Is it to late to start clones outdoors?

2. I Always clone the whole season as I trim up my plants and tbs little branches that arnt gettin much light . You won't get much since not to much left of the season

3. Awesome. What do you normally yield from the small clones? And what is tbs, never heard of it.

4. Sorry I ment the* it was stupid iPhone hah. You will only get a few grams or something along that line

5. what he said lol.

6. i love how people give VERY MISLEADING INFORMATION .... this years light cycle is a hour and 30 min more then last years light cycle. planted my clones july 10th man they look amazing and have caught up too my mother plants only planted in june 20th.. also bud is bud. no matter how much you get it worth it if you get something rather then nothing .i do live in a high dessert but planted them close to a natural spring .. they have had no problems at all and are gunna pass the mothers ... think hard about the days lasting way longer then they normaly do. it doesent get dark til 11pm here. also last winter i had 2 test males growing and man they got big for it being december. pot is changeing strains and making new ones all the time iv even heard of winter weed . plants adapt too where they are. dont let the time of year fool you a plant is still a plant put it in the right condition and it will rock . anyone ELSE READING THIS CAN MSG ME there bs about not planting in july . ill make sure too rub my extra pot in there face

7. If your clones are rooted, you are fine. I put out every year on the 4th of July. Averages about 1/2 oz per plant with the strain I have. Plants get about 3 feet tall, but are bushes. I have to see if I still have pics on here, if so they are the july 4th starters.

8. camadilly, what's the annual light cycle difference that you're referring to? i wasn't aware that some years get more or less sunlight than other years, especially 90 minutes difference worth. is there a site or chart you can point me to?

so this year has more daylight than last year and thus a young plant can be put out a little later this year and get a little more veg time than it would have gotten last year?

9. I started 5 little babies a couple weeks ago,(7/9?) Never cloned before, first time growing this year. Figured I would at least get the experience. I'll post their progress in a couple weeks. Its real hot and dry here right now, we shall see....

10. Personally, I think that if everything was to right, and you got them oputside ASAP!! you might be actually able to get them to two? perhaps feet tall. At that point you could potentially get an ounce, maybe, apiece?

Now this is really if you got them in right away, fed them every other day, in a full sun location. I put 2 little girls out in 16 oz beer cups less than 2 weeks ago and they are 18" tall right now. They are obviously not going to be great plants, but there sure will be something on them!

Good luck man. It is ALWAYS worth making the effort vs. not making the effort.

jerry.

11. Bumpity. I planted some clones a few days ago. Can compare OP and my grow journal (in signature).

Good luck!

12. yeah i put out a few a bowlful is better than nothing..

13. I made clones about 3 weeks ago(rooted completely 2 weeks ago) and put them outside right when I saw roots, no veg time indoors. Out of the 20 that lived I gave away about 15 and planted 5 in my garden. I have been to my friends houses who I gave them to and the biggest one I have seen so far is aobut a half foot tall. So the answere is yes you can clone them but do it asap, I am about to make another batch of clones but veg them inside and put them out around early September depending on where you live and when your first frost is you could do this as well for a bigger harvest off of the clones.

14. Bump, how's it going. My clones have literally doubled in size since planting in July.

• Like Like x 1