starting an outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Hojubobdan, May 2, 2008.

1. This is my first year growing and i just started germinating today... i live in PA and i was wondering if it was to late to start? or if it matters?

2. u got maddddddd time still im in ny and theres been a frost advisory for like a week now had to bring mine in.

3. You are in good shape man, Im in PA too and Im just now starting to transplant, I'll be putting them out all the way until the end of the month. Middle May is the best time to put them outside in my opinion, the ground isnt cold and the plants take off as soon as you transplant them, no stunting.

Good Luck.

4. i live in PA too. i planted my babys a few days before 420. it hasnt frosted since then but its got dangerously close, but it should be safe to plant them outside soon.

5. thanks i got a couple other questions to.

1. Is it ok to water ur plants at night?

2. Is it ok if there is a couple of branches over ur grow spot?

3. i am going to get the tiny peat moss pots and put the germinated seed in there. Do i put that tiny pot into the ground or do i put it in a little bigger pot for a while and than put it in the ground? Or any other suggestions?

4. how much soil will i need for 5 plants?

6. 1. It's great to water them at night especially in the summer when its hot . Visiting your plants at night is the way to go anyway for security.

2. You really want to have direct sunlight for big buds, it will grow though as long as it gets some light, will just be small and the buds might be straggly and airy.

3. Skip the peat pots and just put them in something bigger, I used those peat pots one time and the roots were popping out the bottom and sides in like 5 days. Was a pain in the ass. But yes you can put them in the ground but they will still be babies when them roots start popping out of those pots.

4. 80lb??? Not really sure but Im guessing 2 40lb bags would do it.

7. should i just get bigger peat pots?

8. just get decent size pots for now i think idk truely i have them in cups still yet i had to bring them in cause it got to cold and it rained alot, anyhow i'm located in PA also in emmaus right outside of allentown if any of you's kno where that is i have 10 white widow plants idk im just gonna plant them in the ground at my spot i just hope they bud and i get bud :DFREE!!! lol

9. Eyyyyy nice to see another PA grower :)

10. Quick question After i germinated the seed and plant it. Where do i keep it? It sais in a warm dark spot with no direct sunlight. Does this mean in the shade somewhere or inside or where? Do i take them in at night?

11. After its geminated you can plant them outside in a sunny area correct?
    It only needs to be dark to germinate.
    You want your plants planted where there going to get alot of sunlight.
    I believe...

12. Yep, Morning sun preferably.

TiCkEr

13. Yes after germination you want direct sunlight(no branches above blocking light), preferrably at least 4 hours per day, and the more the better.

But transferring from indoors to outdoors, you want to harden them off, get them used to the outdoors first. The sun is more powerful than you think, a cloudy day is more light than any indoor light produces. So for the first week its good to gradually take them out, the first few days take them out in cups in a shady area, then gradually move them into more sunny areas for more sunlight each day. You should see the main stem of the plants thicken a bit and after a week or so, they are ready for transplant and stand a much better chance of surviving.

If you cant do this and have to transplant immediately, maybe try to shade them for a few hours with something for the first few days. I dont mean covering them, I just mean placing something in front of the sun that dapples the light a bit.

Good Luck