Starting a Setup have question

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Ctoker850, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Starting a Setup Just thinking im gonna go with a 2 plant dwc setup in a sterilite container and had a question... got these rockwool cubes for free but there huge... should i use these or should i get smaller ones... whats the difference.. and also can someone please link a post on how to start seeds in them if i use them been lurking for weeks but havent been able to find one

400w hps bulb an ballast huge ass rockwool cubes new 400w hps bulb total cost $90usd good deal?

[​IMG]

2. the ballast is a little scary lookin but yeah thats a very decent deal, would do it in a second

3. youll need some plugs to start seeds

have a quick blast through my thread(is my one and only grow) im no expert but will point you in the right direction

have a look at the stickies to as tht was where i got most of my info from and it works

good luck

4. #4 Ctoker850, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
    agreed dont worry lol im going to radioshack pronto to get a project box or some sort of metal enclosure for it.. the guy i got it from had it posted on craigslist with a 1000w mh and a few other things.. was kinda wary at first but contacted the guy and we talked for a little quickly discovered he was into growing so i went to his house tonight and he offered to show me different ways to have setups and some of his older setups he didnt use anymore.. he had like 6 ballasts in a metal box and what not said he was an electrician and prefered to have his own setups wired conviently for him because he directly wired certain things to them and said it workd perfectly... told me $85 for 400w bulb and ballast i only 20's and a 10 on me so after an hour of talking he scared the living shit out of me by asking if i had id on me...lol it wasnt funny at the time i was thinking what the hell i didnt say anything wrong never said what i was wanting it for eve if he is a fed he cant do shit everything is perfectly legal to buy...he said "look man im not a retard ive been growing shit for almost 10 years... check this out" showed me some different seeds said he had his own seeds that were ny diesel and some other kind that he sells for $10 and some hindu kush that are auto flower that he would sell for $20 told him i didnt have much more cash on me so he tryd to find a $5 bill to give back to me after a few min he said look since i dont have the change ill give u 2 of my seeds and one of hindu kush and a extra bulb (the one in the box hasn't been used) and threw in the rock wool cubes.. i thought it was a good deal since he said he would sell the 2 seeds for $10 a piece and the 3rd seed for $20..... he had a bunch of nutes like chaching bigbud and bushmaster and bunch of other stuff most of em 80% full or more but i wasnt sure about any of em
    so i said maybe ill come back for some.... but about the rockwools can i use those or should i get smaller ones?

5. ok i will give you some info on a plate, but the info was in my thread that you obviously couldnt be bothered checking

you should use plugs that fit in the holes on top

if your skint then turn them over and make a small hole for the seeds

i would advise you do a little bit more homework for yourself or you will find it hard to get ppl to advise you

everyone wants to help on here but they are not going to grow your weed for you

6. very true, i bought a bulk of the rockwool blocks ctoker has and just cut them into 4ths, poke holes, and putem in some grow rocks its been getting the job done for 2 grows now

7. see thats where i was confused... i had only seen smaller ones but the guy gave me them so i was like hell i guess there the same thing but got to thinking thats alotta rockwool... so i can just cut them down? and poke a hole.. ok i have been searching all around but have yet to see a guide start to finish with details.. one more question when i put em in a cube and then roots poke out i just drop the whole cube in a net pot and surround it by clay pellets right? if i setup a bubble bucket tub... do i ever pour nutes or phd water on the clay pellets? or just mix the solution in the tub

8. i ussually putem in before the roots stick out so the rocks can settle and dont hurt roots, dont forget to soak your cubes in ph'd water, and also dont forget to wash off your grow rocks before you put them into your bucket to prevent the dust from falling down into your water.