Starting a pre-grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jambi828, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Hey everyone. I was discussing with my parents if I could have a grow op inside. They said no, but told me to grow a plant similar to cannabis indoors. That way when I move out, I have a perfected climate ready to go (And its perfectly legal.). So I just wanted to ask which plant should I grow that lives in the same climate as cannabis. I heard Tomatoes.

2. Tomatoes are good practice but they will probably end up getting way too big for you to handle. You could try growing peppers, as they are in the same family as tomatoes and don't get that big.

3. Thanks +Rep
    Do you know what kind of peppers exactly?

4. tomato plants would be ideal. they are annuals so have the same flowering cycle and home grown ones taste friggin great ! (much nicer than what u get in the supermarkets). they even look similar to hemp so u might be able to sneak a few cheeky ones in ;)

5. Any kind of pepper should be okay. Just grow what you like. Bell peppers or jalapeños are probably the most useful if you want to cook with them.

6. If you really want to grow tomatoes there are bush type varieties you can get that are more suitable for container growing. Bush varieties are usually determinate, which means they bear a full crop all at once and top off at a specific height. Indeterminate types develop into vines that never stop growing and continue producing tomatoes until the frost kills it. These types are what people usually grow in their gardens. My tomato plants usually end up about 10 feet tall before frost finally kills them.

And monkeynutts is right. Homegrown tomatoes taste so much better than the ones you buy at the grocery store!

7. Awesome.
    Thanks everyone for the replies.