Starting a new religion

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by jimbobbybob, Nov 24, 2012.

1. I don't really know what to say, besides the fact that I don't agree with any of the religions out there (to my knowledge) but I'm ready to create a new one that has no god, good or evil. There is simply the acknowledgement that we are all the same and we come together to take holy sacraments of course. First I need followers....and our church will simply be in nature...we shall build a shack in the woods out of wood.

This is no joke, I'm ready to create a new faith!
    Who is with me?

Who has knowledge on how to create a religion?

Rules:
    Do no harm to other forms of life, that's it. you can bang all the girls or guys you want and we WON'T tell you who to vote for.

Ask any questions.
    God/Jesus
    Jewish Jesus
    Muhammad
    Buddha
    Joseph Smith

2. Where's your church going to be?

3. [quote name='"Happiest"']Where's your church going to be?[/quote]

My house.

4. The World without RELIGION was a PARADISUS in the Earth until RELIGION was invented !

5. That's part of the religion, is realizing that religion is the root of a lot of evil! ohhhhh the irony

6. In the mountains, colorado perhaps?

7. We should make a grasscity cult. And brainwash people into smoking weed. That shit kills brain cells right?

8. Are you sure your not just trying to control people?

9. There should be no church. And no god to kiss ass to.

10. Shouldn't be too hard... As long as their are stupid people the religion business will continue to thrive

11. You could go as far to say, "Money and Power" is the new GOD as it seams that the more money you have the more you are respected by those who want to be like you the most........

What is the order of gods worshipped over time?

---Cavemen worshipped the strongest most dangerouse animals that could kill them, (saber tooth tigers.....)

Take all of these , plus hundreds more.....buddhism, Christianity,Judaism, Islam, Hindu, Scientology, Jehovah witness, on and on and on....... Put them in order and list them to present time........maybe the next god is upon us as "money and power"

It's whet everyone looks up too, money is the fuel that creates the desire for many many people to get out of bed everyday, their only desire.. As the values of current day politics are so tightly connected to the very religions that are the ones that created the monetary system, they have essentially created a higherpower than GOD himself and thats money....families, relationships, communities have been destroyed in the pursuit of having more of it. Countries, people, forests, deserts, rivers, animals, habitats wiped away in desire for more of it..

Our current gods have destroyed the gods that used to be worshipped before, like "mother nature" for example......northern American Indians, and Eskimos, or Inuits....as well as the equivelant gods that the aboriginals worship from every continent. Our present day religions are fueled by gold, silver, money, taxes, donations.......MONEY. The more money that a present day religion has, the more it can spend to grow its base of believers.

For example, look at how much money the most present day churches raise in funding......Mormonism, and Scientology.....they don't have the culture or history of the old religions so they replace "stories and scripture" with money and methods of delivery for their sermons to reach their target arguments...thereby growing their worship base. These very new religions have built a ton of wealth over a very small period of time.....

Whats the next GOD? Maybe it is just what it looks like is today, "Money and Power"

This religion "money and power" can only grow at the rate, that is the opposite decline of Mother Nature.

12. What are you going to worship then?

13. Bottom line POWER and then MONEY !

14. religion is shit. please stop while youre ahead

15. I feel like everyone is taking this the wrong way...the truth is I want to start a religion that involves using drugs as sacraments, nothing more....nature is the church. Love all life, easyyyyyyyyyyy
    [sarcasm]you only need to give me 10% of your paycheck whereas mormans have to give 20%, I think it's a good deal [/sarcasm]

16. Sounds like satanism

17. in the eyes of other religions

18. No im talking literally..they dont worship anything but themselves and promote drugs and sex if thats your thing

19. Yeah, in the eyes of other religions though as we wouldn't believe in good and evil....or god and satan, I get your point tho. I feel like Satanism is devil worship......but what is devil worship? There really is no true good or evil either, everyone has different points of view
    My thing is to let others do their thing,,,,so if someone wants to have a lot of sex with random people they can go for it, but that's not my thing.

20. [quote name='"jimbobbybob"']I don't really know what to say, besides the fact that I don't agree with any of the religions out there (to my knowledge) but I'm ready to create a new one that has no god, good or evil.[/quote]

What knowledge or wisdom do you have that sets you apart from other religions?

Okay that's cool. But when your back is turned, I'm going to steal all your money. I'll give you $5 a day for food until you can get back on your feet.

Why? A religion is still a religion without followers. If you like the idea, do it yourself. Lead by example, not by request.

Where are you going to get the tools to get the wood? How are you going to keep the house together? Are you forsaking the rest of the world? This is the impression you're giving.

Admirable.

So in other words, "I want to make a religion! Someone else do it because I don't know how. BUT LET IT BE FOREVER KNOWN THAT I STARTED THE MOVEMENT!!!"

So it's cool if I steal from your family? Or manipulate them for my own intentions without causing them harm?

So you're creating a new religion with only 1 ambiguous rule because you disagree with other religions; yet you're going to use their iconic figures? You may feel like you're above harming others, but when those other religions find out you're using their figureheads for your own intentions, essentially (in their eyes) stealing them, I can guarantee you they won't play by your rules.

You should think about this a little bit :smoke: