starting a new non profit organization

Discussion in 'General' started by mydriasis, Jul 20, 2011.

1. I was thinking of starting the

Earths United Alliance for Expatriate Encounters (EUAEE)

basically, its an organization composed of countries wanting to join an cooperatively together that is in charge of a any terrestrial/naturalistic threat to earth coming from the sky's.

For example, a meteor heading to earth would activate the organization for the final solution to the problem. watever it is, sending a bomb, watever.

Encounter with an alien species wanting to eliminate the human race would active the organization to make the decision on the counterattack method. attacking method, etc.

Those are two examples, but there are other threats that can be encountered and funded by the organization to save the human world and life.

2. Who's funding this?

3. earths population can donate to the organization.. only 1% may be used to fund the employees running the organization. All donations must be stored in a trustworthy bank. Whenever the problem arises, the funds will activate and donate to the other organization that is involved in the counterattack/solution.

4. I would like to work for you if you have any job openings. I need work. Serious.

And it sounds cool

5. I guess I just feel as if there might be more qualified professionals who do this all the time. There are people who look for earth bound objects flying in space everyday, and I would put my trust in their hands of how to re-route an asteroids path over an assembly of some people who care and have a bank account ready to write checks. Another thing is that it would be hard ( I imagine) to get any funding from people unless you establish some type of good reputation, and they know what course of action your group supports should an apocalyptic event take place. However though, I think you are taking the right approach by focusing on the global aspect of your group. But there isnt much direction that I see. If shit hits the fan, then yes it would be successful I bet, but without some type of goal or push for something positive, people will just brush it off.