starting a new hobby

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JesusDrank, May 26, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I've decided to start growing. I live in the middle of nowhere, so neighbors aren't a problem. There's a creek nearby that gets lots of sunlight. Any tips?

2. dont tell anyone. use fence to protect from dear and rabbits. watch very close for slugs, make sure helicopters wont see. plant only 1 or 2 per spot. have other types of plants near if u want to blend them in. get good soil make sure it has good drainage. try potting soil like miracle grow or schultz.

3. dont tell anyone. use fence to protect from dear and rabbits. watch very close for slugs, make sure helicopters wont see. plant only 1 or 2 per spot. have other types of plants near if u want to blend them in. get good soil make sure it has good drainage. try potting soil like miracle grow or schultz.

4. I'd steer clear of miracle grow and shultz. They're pretty notorious for killing plants with time release fertilizers. Go with a good organic soil from your local plant nursery, I'm sure you can find one within a reasonable distance.

Don't plant too close to the creek if it can flood, if anything just plan on bringing water from the creek to the plants. Start your plants indoors under cfl bulbs for 2 or 3 weeks, then spend a week acclimating them to natural sunlight by putting them outside during the day. When you transplant dig a hole as deep as you can manage and fill it with the rich organic potting soil. Put them in a spot they will get the most light, keep them happy, and they'll pay you back in full.

If you start your plants now you should be harvesting sometime in mid October.