Starting a new grow room.

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by MSV, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Hi, im starting a new grow room after many PC grows. Space is 2m high and 75cm sideways.
    Need some help here if possible, someone with some experience. Anyway this is what im doing and will soon post some pics:
    Light is 600w in an air cooled mini sun
    Using a carbon filter for odor and also a silencer to keep the air extractor noise down
    Looking to put the ballast outside somewhere cause of heat
    Air in from the bottom and air out on top

Will start growing
    1 silver haze #9 from Sensi Seeds
    1 Super Cali Haze from short stuff
    all from Dope Seeds.

Any input appreciated.

2. Just curious, what type of silencer are you planning on using?

3. Pleased you have prior experience with pc grows as by those dimensions you will need it, 600w, kicks out more heat than most can anticipate, standard is a 6 inch(150mm) dia. ventilation tubing, although I've seen some good extraction systems working of 2x 4"(100mm) vent. tubing, that way you may control the sound and air flow when required

600w = 9 plants in 3gal (11 litres) pots, 3ft high (1m) for 3 months, so your 2 plants should be fine

"V"

4. I will soon post some pics and yes my biggest problem here will be to keep things cool. About size i will start flowering very soon to keep it smaller around 1,20m . I will try to put the carbon filter on one side of the bulb mini sun and on the other side the duct with the extractor and silencer to the exit on the top. Hope it works, any new ideas?(the extractor is a good one, used for even bigger spaces) will it work? Only GOD knows.

5. The silencer will arrive this week, all i know right now is that its 1m long

6. Nice, do you have a link for it? I am just curious because I am also worried about having a fan that is going to make a lot of noise, and would like to keep it quiet but still have the strong fan, so any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

7. I dont think ot will ne useful for you since i live in Brazil.