Starting a new Grow *Needs advice/help*

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Blackwood, Dec 28, 2009.

1. #1 Blackwood, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
    Well to start im in the process of starting a new grow.
    I recently rented a house to the Specs I wanted which included a full basement.
    The basement is large(the house is around 3,000 sq. ft.)

I have grown many times but its been approx. 6 years sence iv grown last.
    I want around 25 plants flowering and a small room with 2-3 mothers for my clones.

I have the cash for everything I need and iv started buying everything slowly.
    I was thinking about going hydro (simple hydro set-up is simple to build).
    Also luckily I have a certified master sparky as a uncle(and he tokes).
    But I think im going to use soil to start, then later switch to a hydro system.

Im still a month or so away before I begin to set up/grow.

While I was in afghanistan I had my my pick of all the local plants and aquired a good deal of seeds.

I was in a wonderful part of afghanistan where plants grow wild(kunar province part of the hindu kush mountain range) and everywhere you go they are there. So I choose the best seeds from the best looking plants and strongest smoke.

Im gonna start by propagating 25 of the seeds I got in afghanistan and taking 50/50 male/female into consideration so estimating 10-15 females.

For the other 10 or so slots I am looking at ordering from serious seeds. I love sativas.
    They have some wonderful strains and iv always wanted to grow kali mist.
    But I cannot find very much info on people who have experience growing this strain.
    I would like to hear from people who have grown this strain or have knowledge of people growing/grown this strain.

All the seeds that I got from afghanistan are classic sativas.

My set up so far consist of 2 x 1000w HPS(maybe buying a 3rd).
    1 x 600w MH(for mothers)
    Possibly a 400w MH for my clone room.

Im going to be using 5 gallon buckets for my containers with agro rocks at the bottom.

I would love suggestions on the type of soil and nutes to use, it doesnt have to be organic but thats what im shooting for.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I have alot of knowledge(even tho I havnt grown in years iv allways been reading and learning)

Thanks very much.
    I tried uploading some pic's of plants from afghanistan but I guess they where to big (using a 12 MP camera) It kept giving me errors.

Ill keep tryin to get a some good pic's up (I have like 40 gigs of pic's and vid's)

2. The first pic is sorta blurry but its a huge patch of plants growing...we where moving when I took the pic, thats why its blurry.

I will post more when I have more time.
    :smoking:

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      307.8 KB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      319.1 KB
      Views:
    • 33.jpg
      33.jpg
      File size:
      713.3 KB
      Views:
    • 44.jpg
      44.jpg
      File size:
      646.5 KB
      Views:
    • 55.jpg
      55.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 66.jpg
      66.jpg
      File size:
      708 KB
      Views:
    • 77.jpg
      77.jpg
      File size:
      354 KB
      Views:
  3. is that growing wild? Afghanistan is the man, man. awesome gun too

4. yes it all grows wild...where I was at the locals dont cultivate it like they do in the south(helmand) or more north in mazar. They havest the wild plants to make hashish(almost no locals smoke bud only hashish pronounched charrs in pashto)
    I was in the east right along the pak boarder(about 5km away, we have actually walked into pakistan with out knowing it)

There are so many plants that they litteraly grew on our base even tho we had to(crying) chop them. But I was also able to pick a select few and stash them in remote areas of the base and sorta tend to them intill they would drop seeds.

There are so many plants that there was no way to control what male's pollinated them, and from my experience the males grew then dropped pollen then died so around harvest time(november there) there was only females left with a few males still hangin around)

5. Here are some more pic's and also what im planning for my basement.
    The house I was planning on renting fell through(someone was willing to pay more for it than I was) so I have to get back to looking for a new place.

When I do find the right place this is what I am planning, Right now im still not in the position to grow(not out of the army yet) But I only have a few weeks left.;)

Any thoughts on how to better my set up? Iv been buying everything I need slowly over the past year when I was in afghanistan and having it shipped to my brothers house(me and him will be setting this up and growing together)

Im thinking im gonna grow 3 strains from serious bought through attitude ( kali / ak47 / white russian. They are all mostly sativa so I think I can get away with having them in the same flowering room and harvest them around the same time.

Instead of jumping right in and growing iv been planning this to the max for quite sometime, but any help or suggestions would go along way.

On the pic of my setup iv calculated energy usage the best I could.Iit doesnt take into account that I will most likely be using gas stove and water heater. So that should also cut down on some power usage.

Iv asked friend and family that live in the same area whats there "normal" monthly usage for winter / summer and if everything goes as I plan I will actually be using alot less power than they will ( parents using 4800 KWH($605) a month) but they live in a very large house and thats the summer numbers when they use the A/C.

Thanks!:smoke:

The 4th pic isnt of any plants really but just a pic of the beautiful afghan mountains. Well actually there are prob some MJ plants on that mountain just cant see them.

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      338.1 KB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      497.1 KB
      Views:
    • 33.jpg