Starting a New Grow: Big Bang

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Ciarán69, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Day 7 of flowering. Im doing a Biobizz grow in a 19liter smart pot
    I fed her yesterday with 3 liters of water with 3ml of Fish Mix, 6ml of Acti Vera 3ml of Bloom 3ml Top Max 3ml CalMag 3ml Plagron Alga Bloom
    IMG_20190604_221940.jpg IMG_20190604_222045.jpg IMG_20190604_222056.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Day 9 flowering. I've been tying her down everyday but she is very bushy. I'll have to defoliate her to get light into her.

Flowering Day 8.jpg Flowering Day8.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Day 11 Flowering. I fed her for the first time in 5 days. I let her dry out totally to give her a chance to use up her nutes.

IMG_20190608_214653.jpg

4. How are the roots and microbiology supposed to transport nutrients without water?? You really should aim to keep the soil evenly moist, you’ll get better growth than wet/dry. Also, watering with nutrients in a dried out soil can burn your plants, there isn’t any buffer if it’s dry.

• Like Like x 1
  5. As always thanks for chipping in!
    I was actually going to feed her last night but the bottom of the pot felt damp after 4 days so I said I'd give her one more day. Saying all that, she's not looking too bad?

6. You definitely have a lush little bush there! Easiest way to check moisture in a pot is to gently lift one side about an inch or so off the ground. You’ll be able to tell instantly where your saturation levels are at after you get used to the feel of a wet/dry and in between pot. Or if you wanted to go totally hands off, try Blumats out for your final pot.

7. Have you been seeing my wife?!? :)

I picked her up & the bottom felt damp so I said I'd give it another day. I read a great Q&A from a Biobizz agent & they said you dont have to water Biobizz soil to run off. You're basically feeding the soil so its about getting the nutes in.
    I know its recommended to wait until week 3 of flowering before I defoliate her, but even after I tie her down every morning, light still isnt getting under the canopy that much!

8. You should always skirt, pulling the lowest leaves off to allow air flow through the plant and making sure no leaves touch the soil or the pot. These act as bridges for pests to crawl straight to the top of your plant.

• Like Like x 1
  9. There's a few on the soil I try to tuck up but I didnt know I could remove them. Theres small branches growing down there, should I cut them off to promote growth in higher branches?
    Again, Thanks for taking the time to help!

10. Sure can! I usually trim off everything underneath.
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

11. She woke up an hour ago & Im tying her down as I type. I can see quite a few leaves right at the base I think I'll remove.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Day 14 of flowering. Im tying the crap out of her every morning. Im hoping shes finished growing.

IMG_20190611_222137.jpg IMG_20190611_222145.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks! Im still worried about how dense she is. Im looking at yours again & Im wondering when did you defoliate them? In flowering (how many weeks) or veg?

14. I pull the lowest leaves that don’t get light, increasing air flow. That’s about it. Sometimes I’ll thin out centers of big heavy leaf plants. For the same reasons. Light penetration and air flow.

“You are unlimited!”
    Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

• Like Like x 1
  15. But did you do it during flowering or veg (or both?). I read you can do a fan leaf defoliation at 3 weeks flowering.

16. I know what I’m doing is technically called Defoliation, but I don’t like that word, because I only pull a few fans leaves a week, if that.

I’m not pulling leaves at set times or for any other reason than to skirt (veg and flower) and open up the centers of the plant in flower to allow deeper light penetration. This usually only takes a few well picked leaves to accomplish. Don’t over think it or pull to much. You can pull 10% of the canopy without causing stress. I like to be careful and not rush. I don’t want to distract the plant from growing/flowering by pulling so many that it focuses on replacing lost fan leaves when it should be doing other things.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. I've been following one guy on YT who grows for the medical business. And he heavily defoliates in the 3rd week all at once. I know I need to do mine, but I was nervous taking off too many fan leaves. Shes waking up in an hour from now & shes due a feed as well.
    I've said it before, but thanks for taking the time

18. My pleasure sir! Happy to help, and I would take anything you see on YT or even on here with a grain of salt. Everyone grows a little different, I’m more puritanical when it comes to growing, I like to mimic nature, I.e. plants feeding plants and bugs eating bugs. The way it was meant to be.

19. I like that idea. My first grow was also with all Biobizz because I liked the idea of growing organic flowers.
    I'll trim her later & put a few pictures up.

• Like Like x 1