Starting a new grow and I need some advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FunkyBuddha420, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I'm going to be starting a small scale hydro grow here pretty soon and I need some advice. My main concern is the heat in the room. I've only ever grown one plant and I was using a 150w hps. This time I'm planning on scaling up a bit. I want to have half the room dedicated to veg'ing 6 plants and the other half of the room flowering 6 plants. I understand I need to use some bigger lights so I'm planning on using 2 lights, one mh and one hps ranging from 400w-1000w on the veg and flowering cycle respectively. I live in an apartment building so I'm concerned about how I'm going vent the heat out of the room and bring new air in. I really don't want to have to install a whole duct system. Could I maybe just set up a couple of fans and leave the window open? Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

FunkyBuddha420

2. IMHO, Just veg with floros. they work wonders. You will find that as time goes on, they will keep right up with the flowering plants under an HPS. That's what I would do. During the lights on, prop open the door for a bit if an exhaust system isn't very appropriate for your situation. Fans on them however is a must at all times, need to get the 'dead-air' moved around and fresh air moving around the leaves, they are constantly expelling and absorbing air, much like when your swimming and you put a tub over your head and you have the barrier, after awhile the oxygen runs out.