Starting a new batch....any tips for these strains....?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheChunkFunk, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Starting a batch of durban poison.....white widow and a strain called The Black.....as well as a strain that starts with Ultimate.....not sure what it is, as it was a freebie and wasn't fully labled lol......anyone have any tips for these strains..?...ive grown the widow once before and it was excellent but am always looking to up my game lol

2. Durban poison is an amazing strain, but it is very much a pure sativa and comes with all the headaches of a pure sativa. Long and lanky, prone to damn near tripling in size during flower, long flowering periods, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Going with a 11/13 light schedule during flower for the durban poison may be necessary to help with flowering.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Damn....ought to be fun in a cabinet scrog lol.....description on the seed bank site promised it had just enough hybrid to shorten flower and ease the stretch a bit....now im worried lol

5. If it is actually durban poison then it is a 100% pure sativa, one of the few pure sativa strains still left.

6. Got my seeds from bonzaseeds ..,,so fat everything else they have sent me has been legit.....guess ill find out lol

7. Haven't grown it. But just finished smoking some Mendocino outdoor Durban poison. Smells like oranges

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah im a little nervous with this strain lol...im fairly new indoor grower and i use scrog inside custom built cabinets so stretching may be an issue....but so far ive had an easy enough time with the LST and all my plants have been under 18 inches.....but those have all been hybrids lol....ive heard original durban tastes like Anise....or black licorice....oddly enough.

9. Bonza was the only UK co. that I did not have any issue with (ordering). Awaiting customs and we shall see...
    Took CCs, great Communication etc...

10. Yrah i was told to use bonza as they were pretty reliable and offered reasonably priced insurance for your package so i figured id take a shot. So far ive had a good experience with bonza.....good freebies and customer service as you mentioned. Seeds have all sprouted and seem to be the strains i ordered.

11. Can't wait...been ordering sample quantities from USA seed banks...Never herd of many of the strains but...so far the seeds from Seedsherenow have all germed ok...one seedling shed the shell, but the starter leaves are still stuck .
    together.

DSC_0262.JPG

12. Yeah i just started a white widow and a green crack .....unfortunately my green crack didnthe same thing.....baby leaves refused to open and as a result it was badly stunted and eventually died. Sometimes there's a translucent membrane that doesnt break open on the tip of the starter leaves,you may want to Very gently take a tweezers and try to help them open up.

13. Must have scared that little puppy...misted it and voila 15 minutes later...starter leafs are free..it is pretty delicate and I doubt the roots have taken hold...I will still treat this $20 seedling with the care it deserves..mostly let nature do its thing..patience was never a strong point with me...I am being good though this time...:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Usually a good call. My situation was urgent as u could tell the little guy was dying but usually id agree and suggest just letting nature take care of it. What strain is it your working with ?

15. I grew the anise flavored one outside and it didn't stretch as much as some of my other plants like Thai and Hawaiian Sativa. It also didn't have super airy buds like some sativas. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  16. Completely unknown to me: Renegade Genetics feminized Big Easy OG...To comply with Nevada law, Had to choose strains not available in our dispensarys...I only get Indica or heavily Indica favored...Makes it hard and expensive...can't wait to clone!!

17. Yes, i feel a bit better having heard that as it was what i was told about the strain previously.....pure sativa high but with hybrid grow qualities...like limited stretch and flower time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fruity taste and smell. Very different. Not the prettiest buds but tasty and stoney

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  19. Good to hear, bag appeal isn't too much of a concern as its only intended for personal use, and im a big fan of fruity ganja son that works for me lol