Starting a indoor grow could use some advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dankgrower0665, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Hey guys new to the form I’m about to order some tents to grow in. I was debating on getting 2 8x8 grow tents or a single 10x10 grow tent. Now here is my situation I picked up 2 630w quantum led lights and don’t know which tent setup would work best with the lights I have. I was debating on a light mover if I went the 8x8 route but the poll in the middle of the tent I feel like will mess me up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Hi, I've never had a real tent so I might get educated here but why if you have that much room do you need a "tent"? with some 1"x 3" wood made into some frames, screws,hinges and some panda plastic or Mylar you could build rooms or divide rooms for a couple hundred dollars if that. It maybe the hillbilly in me but I prefer cheap to fancy if it has the same function.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Remember the rule of thumb for QB lighting is 25-30w per sq ft. Some people would even say that 30-40w per is better.

If you had a 10x10 (100sq ft) you'd want 2500w of light, or 2000 at the very least, unless they are just veg tents as you don't need as much light for veg.

If I were you, I would get 2 5x5s, or 1 5x10. I think a 630w would rock a 5x5 perfectly.

P

4. I agree with you but I can’t have a permanent structure where I’m at right now. I move around quite a bit so I would like to be able to have something mobile!

5. How many plants do you think I could fit in a 5x5 or a 5x10?

6. Really it depends on size/how long you're vegging....what are your goals here? How long do you want to veg? In my opinion/experience, a smaller number of big plants is better than a bunch of tiny plants....I have a 4x4 for veg and a 5x5 for flower which is good for 4 nice big plants and enough room for them to breathe and have space....

7. Okay, for quick mobility I guess a tent makes sense. I built 4 - 5x5 panels hinged them together like a wardrobe with panda plastic. I can fold them up and move them around pretty quickly but it would be pretty obvious as to what they are driving down the road in the back of a pick up lol .

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I like to have 4 plants in my 5x5 as well but I've been known to have 6 smaller ones. I like to veg for 2.5 months + depending on their size.
    A 5x10 though is a different animal. Do you plan on more than 1 light? A light on rails? I've seen a 1000 Watt HPS on rails cover that space with 20+ plants but that was years ago old school stuff.

9. Does anyone think having 2 of the quantum boards on a light mover system would be more ideal for a bigger tent? The lights claim they can cover a 6x7 for veg and a 5x5 for flower. I would prefer larger plants then a bunch of small ones.

10. I do plan on more then one light per tent. Do you think having 2 quantum boards on light movers would be enough for a 10x10?

11. I don’t mind vegging a long time if the yield will be worth it. I’m definitely debating on a light mover so I could have a bigger tent. The lights should cover a 6x7 for veg and a 5x5 for flower. So I’m thinking on a light mover I could do a bigger tent. Would appreciate your input on this thought

12. Your 630w QB is recommended to flower a 5x5, or 25sqft.
    You have 2 of those lights, correct?
    So, you have enough light for 25sqft x 2 = 50sqft.
    A 10x10 tent is 100sqft which is double.
    I don't know much about light movers but I really really doubt they'd double your lights footprint. You'd just have double the space being lit half as well as it should be.

I would definitely wait and try to do some research/planning before jumping in to getting such a big space. Like have you thought about veg space vs flower space? Like you said they have different lighting needs so that'll change things.

P

13. I see what your saying I was gana use the leftover space for fans, dehumidifiers and a res but I think your right I’ll go with a 5x10 and pick up a 5x5 for veg and use another light

• Creative Creative x 1