Starting a Grow soon, Making my shopping list

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Crosshairs, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Finally moving to a place where I have enough space to grow
    Ive been doing alot of looking around and I've started to make decisions but not quite ready to order yet
    So far heres what Im considering
    Genetics: Considering grabbing clones for first run, been browising seeds on the vault aswell(was planning 2-4 plants)
    Light: Amare SE450
    Tent: Gorilla Tent 4x4
    Grow Medium: First grow, either soil or coco TBD still confused about nutes gonna have to hit the local growshops(I'll be planning a RDWC for later)
    Ventilation: TBD Not sure how much CFM I need to move and what carbon filter to go with, trying to find a modertly quiet fan gonna check the local store to see what they got, Is filtering the air going in from dust worth it?
    Misc shopping: Temp/hum monitor, ph pen, ppm pen, fluid measurement tools, RO system, some sort of sprayer?

Anyone have suggestions to get my build more complete, any suggestions on the little things that make the process easier would be very helpful, Im planning to order everything before the end of the month

2. Well you have 104 cuBic feet and Your fan should be able to adequately exchange the air in an indoor garden once every three minutes so that's how you size
    Or use this calculator.
    Calculate for exhaust fan size from Growco Indoor Garden Supply
    It's around 184 cfm depending on lights.
    For a first grow KISS go soil and pick a simple nute regimen
    Or if your feeling like getting dirty look up subcool soil mix and forget nutes all together.
    Have fun and prepare to fail and succeed enough to keep you captivated. Oh and stock up on neem and mite strips. Sorry didn't mean to ramble.

3. Oh and pick a tried and true easy to grow strain I'm running blue dream hso and it's very forgiving and robust.
    Soma's chronic is easy and powerfull.
    No shame in going with basics