Starting a grow soon..few questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ThEiLlEsTaRoUnD, Jan 13, 2010.

1. my moms moving out soon and im gonna start growing at her house,which`ll be within the next 2 months.Im planning on buying a homebox buy-the-homebox.com - universal indoor grow box kit

My first question is..does the homebox come with everything?I just need to plant it and get soil and control the lighting and watering?
    My second question is..When i look at seeds online it usually says Flowering time-6-8 weeks.does that mean it`ll be budded in 6-8 weeks and i can harvest that quickly?if not how long does it take from planting to harvesting?

thanks in advance.:smoking:

2. I wouldnt buy that thing

3. 6-8 weeks is flowering time from when the plant first shows sex. Before you flower it, you have to veg it up to a decent size. Vegging the plant can take anywhere from 2 weeks to months depending on how large you want it. For a decent medium size plant I would say you'll need to veg it for at least a month. Then you switch the light cycle to 12/12 (12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark) to induce flowering. It should take a week or two to show sex once you do this. Only after all of this is that 6-8 weeks applicable.

4. Looks to me like its just a grow tent. The prices are a little outrageous for what you are getting. Depending on your available space or how big you want to go, you can build a plywood box, use CFL lights (or even go with a HPS/MH) and add a few fans for about $150.00 (give or take). Check around for box ideas, and check out Kamel's CFL thread if you want to go that route. Places like HGT Supply and Specialty-Lights.com have good prices and options for HPS/MH systems if you are serious. If you need box ideas, feel free to PM me. Welcome to the most addictive "hobby" you will ever find. ;)

5. Bad idea, only grow in your own place.

6. growing in a vacant house is a great way to get ripped off or arrested.....don't do it.

The grow tents at that link are waaay overpriced. If your going to get a grow box/tent you will also need a light, fan, carbon filter(if you care about the smell), a timer and some way to regulate the temp. If you don't keep the temps between 55-90 your going to have problems.
    Good luck:wave:

7. Where Can I buy mylar? it seems impossible to find.

8. if ur gona do it then use up a whole bedroom , buy a 1200 wat ballast and set up 2 600 w setups air cooled. ur b cakin and it takes like a long ass time and its expensive so its up to u