Starting a clone

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Steelerfan83, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Need help starting a clone
    Ok. I did my research and look up the cloning threads, but I'm not even advanced enough to get to where they pick up.

1. When is a good time to trim a clone?

2. What is the best part of the plant to use for a clone?

3. Since a clone has a head start on a regular plant, what are the growing times like? For example, a regular plant vegetates for the first 7 - 10 weeks and then you switch to 12/12 to flower. But what about a clone? Do you just cut the veg time short?

4. At what point can I take my new clone and transplant it?

5. Does anyone have a particular method for sparking root growth?

6. Maybe my most important question is what is the difference between male and femail plants? And how can you tell if it is a female. Any pictures to go with this question will be greatly appreciated.

2. Well before you eve think about 1 through 5 you might want to make sure you have a female first. So just look at all the stickies and all the other posts you should be able to find enough info. how many plants do you have growing?

3. I have 3 seeds germinating that I will be growing in a hydroponics system made for 6 plants. I figure I can only handle 3 since I am a rookie. Thanks for the suggestion. But do you know what part of the plant is most used for a clone? I have read up and haven't stumbled across that yet. thanks!