Starting 5-7 plants indoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by The Rover, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Hello,

I will be starting 5-7 plants indoors in jiffy pots for about a month, until I can transport them outdoors. I need an adequate artificial light source so I can start them..but I was wondering how many lights will I need, and how many watts. Remember, I only need a light that will help me germinate and grow for about a month..not for the entire grow.

I was thinking something like this bulb for starting 5-7 plants:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300209709874&category=20706&sspagename=rvireg:1:1

Yes/No?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    -Ryan

2. My understanding is that sprouts need very little light, as well as the veg process (in the beginning at the very least). I've been growing 4 plants under 2 40W fluorescent lights, and a few CFL's. These are pretty cheap and will get the trick done. By the time you need a high powered light you'll already be using the sun.

Again, im not an experienced grower, so I'm not sure, but that is what I've understood thus far.

3. I use 6 40 Watt 4ft tubes, with my ebb and flow on one side and my cloning area on the other, and it works great for me. Probably not the most efficient setup, but it will do the trick. Works good since I leave a towel over the clones' humidity tent for the first week to limit the light until the roots are more developed.