starting 4th week of flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by imap420, Oct 25, 2011.

1. My inidicas have some really good sized buds on them. The leaves are covered in crystals.

my super lemon haze on the other hand is struggling.... buds aren't very big. no crystals forming. She seems to be really healthy though. She going to pick up the pace at all? her buds are 1/5 the size of my kush.

Do the buds keep getting larger, or does the bud growth eventually come to a halt like the stem growth did?

2. Hard to say without pictures or anything. Sounds like it could just be a bit of a dud, if the color of the leaves seem healthy. Generally indicas have more resinous leaves, so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

3. Haze is a sativa. Sativas take WAAY longer to grow than indicas. Your indica should only have to flower for 8-10 weeks. Haze specifically is known for its looonnggg flowering time. somewhere around 16 weeks or more. You've got a lot of waiting to do. However, out of all the sativas, Haze is a wonderful strain. Be patient, You'll be glad you did.

4. Hello everybody, I am a first time grower. Small 60cm square veg room(250hps) and a 15sqft flower room. Just starting the 4th week. 5 plants(flowering) I hope they stop their verticle growth soon. They are all (5) approaching 4ft and are still growing. Sorry, no pics as I can barely work a computer.
    This is so much fun and a learning experience. For me, it's like Art and Science where you can put your own ideas into real things. One plant, I supercropped all the lower branches.
    Another plant, I did a medium de-foliation. This really allowed much more light to come in but it has set back the plant about a week.
    The others, LST. I use ferts every other watering. I wait until the pots are almost airborn as they are so light. These plants love putting out new roots to find water. These pre-mix soils that are available now are really good. The drainage is super.
    I got so many ideas from other growers on this site, thank you for all your tips.
    Grwing bush (indoors) seems to have a thousand little tricks to make it work. I take the tips I like and don't use the ones I don't care for.
    My exhaust motor was a bit loud , not far from my bed. I thought if a car muffler can help quite a loud engine, then it might be able to make my motor quietier. Got a tiny auto muffler for a Festiva (Ford)(used) for 5 bucks. A little cutting with a torch and vola! I can't hear that punk if I tried. This is the fun part of growing, finding little secrets and ideas and then putting them into play.
    I hope to have pics at harvest time to share with everyone.
    Thanks again! Moshe

5. Maybe some one should write once and for all, Fan or Water leaves will turn yellow and die towards the mid flowering stage. The plant is now directing it's energy into making flowers. So, don't worry when you see this happening. This is my first indoor, but I have 7 seasons of outdoor growing and this happens in both enviroments. The marajuana plants stops making new fan leaves during the middle of flowering stage. At the same time, the plants stops it's verticle grow and then pumps up to make flowers.Good luck!
    Moshe