Startin scratch, lookin to grow outside

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by toke914, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Well Its starting to get warm out, and my friend recently told me he had 30+ seeds, and we always thought growing weed would be fun but wed never do it, but we think were gonna give it a shot. I checked out the guides but I didn't really get it, I thought i could just get a pot, throw my seed an inch or 2 under the soil, then water it and hope for the best. But I saw alooot of information so i must be missing something. So basically im wondering if its possible at all for me to grow outside, (most people talk about lights), and what i'll need to do to start off. Thanks in advance for any posts.

2. for growing outside, you don't need lights, they are only reffering to inside growing.

Also, yes you can do what you said, but you have much less probability of your plant turning out more desirable herb. Also, your plant can have many problems if you don't do much for it, but then again, it could turn out fine. Weed is a WEED, it can grow pretty much anywhere, by itself, it just needs adequate water and sun. People on here want their plants to turn out the best they can, so they do many tedious things such as measuring pH of water, etc. which is great, but if you just want to throw a seed in some dirt and see what happens, go for it.

good luck :smoke:

3. sounds good, yea i think im gonna germinate my seed in a cup (my bio teacher said thats best to do, i told her i was growin flowers) then just throw it in a pot, water it, see how stuff turns out, then maybe itll get big enough where i gotta put it in a bigger pot/ground