starter kit?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by natesnuggs, Sep 9, 2010.

1. i have been wanting to start an indoor grow for quite some time but a bit intimidated by the starting of it. Does anybody know of some kind of starter kit or something of the like that would provide me with all that i needed and maybe save a couple bucks on the initial startup cost? any and all suggestions will be appreciated. thank you

2. HTGSupply-dot-com is a resource many here use, they have a variety of "kits". Some are everything you will need for lighting, some include all the lighting and also come with soil bags, ferts, pH probes, and other things. Sometimes those kits can be a good deal, but make sure it doesn't include too much that you don't actually need/want.

3. There's some great info on this page about growing kits, as well as what's in each one.

waterpijpen, waterpijp, vloeitjes, bongs, hasj pijpen, headshop - Grasscity.com

I would take this information and try to find the low cost ways of making your own growing system. You can find low cost pots, for example, and try to save money on the things that don't need to be top of the line in order to work well.

I've never been a big fan of kits since they seem to include a lot of things you don't really need, or at least you don't need if you're not a master grower.

My only suggestion after that is not to scrimp on nutes. Really, being cheap with nutes is going to bite you in the end.

I would use a strong base nutrient (I like Advanced Nutrients Grow-Micro-Bloom) and a few other additives to get things going during the grow (if you can't afford more than one, I would suggest Big Bud or Bud Candy or Voodoo Juice).

Plenty of ways to save money and still have awesome grows.....

4. thanks fellas. i will definately check out the aformentioned links and everything. My biggest question would be...what do the kits and what not offer that would be not needed or considered overkill?