Started Using Clonex Now Clones are Wilting

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Purple Pills, Mar 16, 2012.

1. I had been using rooting powder for a long time with great success. I recently picked up some Clonex and figured I would give it a try. A few weeks ago I made 12 cuttings on a new strain and used the Clonex. All twelve wilted within a few hours and eventually died. Today I made twelve cuttings on a hearty mother I know and love. The exact same thing has happened using Clonex.

Maybe I am doing something wrong with the Clonex. I dip the stem an inch or less. The Clonex covered stem is below the growing medium (FFOF). Aside from the Clonex everything else is done the same way. I have been doing it with success for a long time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Well no answers here but I made new cuttings and used the powder yesterday. No wilting at all. So my logic is cheap Lowes rooting powder thumbs up. Expensive Clonex gel big thumbs down.

3. planting your clones in fox farm ocean forest isnt helping your cause, either. that soil is meant for big plants later in the vegetative cycle.

try using root riot cubes next time to put the stems in. than, since you like fox farm, use happy frog for small plants.

-OSUB