started my first grow!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dredi25, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Started germinating my first two seeds!

I started one Nirvana bubble auto
    And one auto seeds berry ryder

I started the Nirvana in some omri organic seedling start mix
    And the berry I started germinating the paper towel way.

I have four extra seeds so I figured id just try things out for now.
    gonna be throwing them into 5 gallon smart pots once they pop.

Just a quick question though, the seed I have in the soil...is it possiable to over water it right now? I'm kinda afraid I did. And I Might of put it down a little to far. About 3 inches.

How long should they take to start showing?

2. Good to hear on your endeavor, goodluck! now it can take anywhere from 2- roughly 6 days that theres a good opportunity for them sprouting but that depends alot on your power of light, strain, and germination method, etc. And yes its possible to overwater this is the most delicate state so i would reccomend starting in rockwhool cubes so you dont have to dig up and mess with your seed its best to leave it alone, and with rockwhool the cool thing is you can clearly tell when you need to water them, plus its cheaper and less work than starting seedlings in indv, pots then u can transf, them to your true veg medium like organic potting soil and ffof mix.

3. I was reading you didn't need light until they sprouted?

4. You don't need anywhere near as much light as when you are in veg or flower, but seeds do like some light to germinate. A CFL or two would be fine. And next time an inch or two deep is good enough for seed depth, 3 in will be fine but will just add a day or two to the germ time.

Also, if you choose to go with Rockwool make sure you adjust its pH. Rockwool comes in stupid high and needs a 24ish hour soak to bring it down. Otherwise peat pellets work as they are naturally acidic, rapid rooters, etc.

Good luck on the grow.

ColoradoLegaliz:smoking:

5. U can over water them i believe. And I put mine about a quarter of an inch lol I think 3 inch to far

6. I actually dug it up and replanted about an inch away. I figure it should hurt it since I just did. I don't think there's too much water now. A lot drained before I put seed in and nones really draining now. I barely compacted the soil too. Hopefully that wont affect it? It was pretty airy soil to begin with. I probably shoulda just waited for my ffof toncome but but I was two impatient. My goal is for atleast one of these to germ. But both would be great.