Started Growing with AeroGarden.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrowHigh, Apr 27, 2009.

1. We'll i know there is alot of post with aerogarden, But i want to know some know how thing that i cant seem to find. Remember im a complete beginer to growing only did it once before! and didn't go far so anything said is a help.

I bought aero garden it is the 6th day , but the 3rd day of life im amazed buy how quick it grow's up it's like within hours you see it grow amazing, But i dont know jack shit what do to now, I was told that i need a fan , the AG is in my 2nd bathroom no one ever goe's in there its completey dark i have the LIGHT setting on 17/7 I belive thats salad setting.

ALSO What is PH LEVEL does that apply to my growing.?

All the stages i dont really understand. i know what germimnation and stuff but what is harvesting and vegitation.

Also do i need to add EXTRA light and fan.
    If so what kind of light and what do i use to power the light ! also how regular to i change water and add nutrients is the nutrient supplied to way to go? i'll post pics Soon..!!

O''' AND MOST IMPORTANT HOW DO I TELL FEMALE FROM MALE??????????????????????

2. Bump,please.

3. you should probly get a fan it keeps a good air flow and it helps the stem get stronger.
    and yeah you need to get the right ph lvl. theres a aerogarden thread in the indoor growing.. it gives alot of tips. and the males have like lil sacks under the nodes and the females have hairs under the nodes

4. #4 GrowHigh, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    Nodes? , Isn't it too soon for air? And if i do that how far from the plant do i place the fan. and how much air ? SAME AMOUNT OF Light??????? thanks.

5. [​IMG]
    MY AEROGARDEN GROW!! Day 14. i given them more light today so they should grow faster , Am i soposed to mix the light from AG and Two - 42wat Flourescents

6. I would start by reading all the beginner Stickies.... really, all your questions wil be answerd by just a little homework online.

7. Right on Wharfrat. It still amazes me how many well meaning folks really don't research before deciding to grow. I STILL haven't grown even my first plant, but I have read soooooo many posts and done sooooo much research, that I feel confident actually answering some of the questions posted on here.

Oh, and as a sidenote Growhigh, unless you're growing lowryders and/or using the low stress training (LST) method for growing, you're really going to need larger pots for those potential girls. The roots need a good amount of room if they're going to grow big and strong. Not to mention, how high can you move the lights with an aerogarden?

Good luck

8. well you have alot of room to move the lights up,! but when it get's to big i can take the hood off and just plug in some FLOURESCENT'S on a timer.

9. Do you know what the wattage of the Aerogarden bulbs are? More light = more growth = more bud. As long as you're using the correct spectrum. 6500k for vegetating and 2700k for flowering is ideal.

Your plants look like they might be stretching; does it appear that way to anyone else? This usually happens when a plant isn't getting enough light. Definitely get a breeze moving those plants though, so the stems can get stronger. There is so much you can learn. There's a great video on youtube called "Ready, Set, Grow". There are 7 parts. Watch it; it's very helpful, not to mention all of the great posts here.

Peace

10. Thanks for advice, And yes they are stretching but now i think there going to be find i took the hood off those lights suck. And using the 2 FLOURESCENT'S going to add more light tommorow! , I got a small fan with a very very light breeze . and my steem's are getting nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... i love my plant's so far, BUT what is the chances of a female ? i got like 5 - 6 really good plant's ? what the percentage of a female is there a chance i wont get any ?

11. Well, seed production is generally equal, so 50/50 chance it's female, 50/50 chance it's male. But they say your average odds for females which survive to harvest is 1 in 3. So since you have about 6 plants, 2 is very likely, but you can have anywhere from 0 - 6, depending on the luck of the draw. In future you should definitely spring for feminized seeds. There won't be any males in the batch, although it's still possible to get hermaphrodites. :p

12. Isn't a Hermaphrodite like a long shot?...