started growing for the first time, questions about reflector

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by k20minh, Aug 11, 2016.

1. hi i just had a question as a first time grower i came up with soil, seeds, food plant, pots, lamp,fan, full spectrum LED growing light bulb, and now my question is how important is a reflector for growing weed? can i do it without one? problem for me is i have to be a cheap, i see reflectors going for over a hundred so i was thinking with the right bulb and soil and everything, i was wondering if i purchased a trifold mirrior which is like way way cheaper then a relector, could i substitute a trifold mirrior instead of a real relfector? thanks

2. Without reflectors you will lose a lot of light. Search the forum for "diy reflector" they're easy to make and very cheap. I'm not sure about a trifold mirror, but give it a shot if you don't want to make one

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. You can do a lot of things cheaply, but putting together a quality grow setup isn't usually one of them. You kind of have to look at it like an investment and the lighting you use to grow your plants is the most important equipment you will purchase. Don't skimp on your lighting or you'll just end up with plants that are tall, lanky and underdeveloped....and the buds are that way too. True LED grow lights are typically small and rectangular and cover limited sq. footage. You have to be realistic about how many plants a small light like that can actually handle. If you've bought LED bulbs at Home Depot or somewhere similar, that's not enough LED power to flower them off either. Even a cheaply put together made in China is going to cost you some bucks. To get a quality LED that you can expect to get optimum growth from and several years of use, will cost you upwards of a grand. But the better lighting you provide the plants, the better product you will grow and once you get the setup together and figure out how to grow the plants and keep them happy, you can recoup your investment fairly quickly if you are much of a smoker at all. No longer will you have to hit the streets and take chances to get something worth smoking. You'll know exactly what you're consuming because you grew it yourself. It's a process and just takes time. TWW

• Like Like x 1