Started another plant and have some questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Senior_lark, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Started growing another plant 30 days ago and have some questions about her. So far she is looking great. Here is a picture of her at about 15 days.

[​IMG]

A picture of her stem at 15 days.

[​IMG]

Now she is 30 days and about 6 and a half inches tall. From what I remember I got the seed from a bag of purple bud. So I named her Grape Ape.

[​IMG]

A picture of the stem at 30 days.

[​IMG]

Here is my setup as of now. I am waiting on mylar and a different light.

[​IMG]

I have two window fans one blowing up on the top of the box and then one blowing at the plant.

Here is a top view of her.

[​IMG]

Now for my questions. First how much longer do you think I should wait to start flowering or could I start now? By the looks of what I have going as of now what is your estimate on how much I will yield?

2. grow her for longer, im not sure about the yield just try to get as many tops as possible growing and you will have a good yield. a good rule is 2 feet tall, or 1/3 of your final planned height. looks like height isnt a problem for you so grow her up taller.

3. Yeah height is no problem however, time could be a problem as I will be leaving for vacation for christmas :( I leave on Dec. 17th

4. The plant looks really good. Too bad that you gotta leave in the middle of december. I'd start flowering now since typically the mj plant flowers for about 8-9 weeks depending on the strain.

5. Yeah compared to my first plant this one is looking ten times better. My Reflective Mylar is coming in tomorrow. I also plan on transferring the plant into a larger bin so it has more room to grow. When I do transfer it I a planning on putting a wick system in so I don't think that watering would be a problem while I'm gone for vacation. I'm worried about the light. I am using a 2 long tube florescent light bulbs for lighting so to prevent stretching it needs to be close to the plant. Any ideas of what to do?

6. your best bet is to just leave the light up and hope it doesn't stretch. you should pick up a HPS for MH for flowering, you will get much better results and it eliminates that problem. as for flowering you can flower her now and then once you get back from vacation she will have a week left or so. i have my girls finishing around december 8th and im leaving december 19th through january 4th. :( i hope they are done in time and they don't get moldy while im gone.

7. Well got up this morning and checked on her she is now about 7 inches tall. She is growing fast here is a picture of her this morning (Veg - Day 31). I also switched up the lighting a little while I wait for my other light to come in the mail.

[​IMG]

I am planning on transferring her into a larger bin either today or tomorrow along with setting up the wick system for watering.

8. Mylar came today and I put it on makes a huge difference. The new light also came here is the setup now. I made it with just mylar walls and cut out a door. My exhaust fan is outstanding if I dont have the mylar connected right to close the door it will just suck it right in. Im excited to see how she grows with her new setup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Set-up looks great man, keep up the good work. What kind of light did you order, and how much did it cost?

10. #10 Senior_lark, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010
    I bought a High Output Florescent light from HTGSupply.com light was 70 bucks, puts out 10,000 lumens. :) Here is the light that I bought Its the compact one. Comes with 2 50w T5 bulbs

High Tech Garden Supply

11. Transplanted her and put a wick system in the soil. Set up is finally complete. Here are the pictures of the setup now. She is also 8" :smoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. She is 8.5 inches already on day 33. Have another two seeds germinated Cant wait to get those going. Also ordered the blooming bulbs for the light yesterday along with some tiger bloom. Here are some photos of her today day 1 after transplant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. I would go ahead and start flowering, as if you leave on Dec 17, it would be a waste to continue vegging. Not too sure on this but you might want to go 12/12 and then 8/16 to speed it up. Not too sure on how that works, but if it's a race against time, it's worth looking into.

14. I ordered the blooming lights last night and when I measured the how big I can have the plant I decided I am going to start flowering when it hits 12" so probably within the next week or so. I added an ingredient that my neighbor always uses on her garden that help her yield a lot and if it helps I will share lol. I plan on making trips out to my place over my vacation period to check on her and to raise the light. I want to yield as much as possible from this plant so hopefully everything I have planned works :smoke:

15. She is 9.75 inches today and is looking great. Cant wait to start seeing some flowers!!

Here are some pictures of her today.
    [​IMG]

16. hey man if i was you i would get some aluminum tape and make that rez light proof.you are just asking for problem when you leave the nute mix in there with the light it invites alge n mold n all kinds of nasty shit that will kill your plant. just a little heads up i dont want you to make the same mistake as me

17. how did you do the wick system? I will be on vaca and am needing a way for them to get water and nutes. How can i do that?

18. Well as of right now I don't have any nutrients in the water but I will put that in mind. As for the wick system I just bought some nylon rope from walmart and drilled some holes in the bottom of a bin and the top and then ran a bunch of rope throughout the soil. The rope soaks up the water and then the soil soaks up the water from the rope. Ill do a tutorial the next time I do it.

19. i thought that looked like nylon rope. thanks. and nice grow:smoke:

20. Plant is looking great today! She is 12 inches on day 37. Here are some pictures of her today along with a clone and a seedling that just sprouted today that my girlfriend and I named Evil Olive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]