Start Up Costs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Vael, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Was considering trying to grow a plant or two but before i put too much thought into the subject was wondering if anyone with experience knew the approximate total cost of a small set-up? (Don't know much about this stuff so if you need clarification or more details just let me know)

2. well if you got a good sized closet i suggest going with a 400-1000 watt light depending on how many plants you would like, you can get a good light from 150 to 500 bucks depending on budget

fox farm soil is 20-30 bucks depending on delivery

youll need 50-100 for fertilizer, at least 100 on air circulation

also your light bill will go up running powerful lights, if that doesnt sound possible for you do some research on CFLs and flourescent lighting!!

5-10 bucks for pots....my advice is get alllll of this before you even think of starting ya seeds dawg

happy growing

3. If you are just wanting to grow a plant or two, you can scale down quite a bit. Use CFL lights, 6-8 will run about $40. Soil, nutes, in the neighborhood of $75. Lamps anywhere from $20-40. You can find better deals on certain items by checking out Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Browse the threads for more info and ideas.