Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Start smoking again?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Fachh, Jun 19, 2007.

1. I was a heavy smoker for a very long time. Upwards of 10+ major roor bong hits a day.

Smoked to the point where I didn't really feel high anymore and sometimes just got paranoid/panicky

Been dry for 130 days, feel great

starting to get the itch

I want to smoke again, but very casually and only once a week.

Has anyone else been able to do this and not slip back into abusive behavior?

Lemme know what you guys think

2. The only way to really find out is to try, right?

3. Lol well yeah obviously but I have an addicted personality and just contemplating if I should even bother trying

want to hear some success stories of non-abusive weed smoking :p

4. i find when i stop, that even once i start once i begin to keep doing it more and more, just takes some self motivation

5. yeah
    thats what i don't want to happen
    dont wanna go back to daily usage

6. You need to have some self control and tell yourself you don't NEED to get high, you WANT to. It sounds like you still haven't figured out what marijuana can be used for, all it sounds like you used it for was to get high. Try using it sparingly but try and make the time you are under its influence used on something constructive like delving into your subconcious or trying to find solutions to problems that you can't seem to figure out sober.

7. BUMPpppp

8. just buy like a g at a time. I found that if I have more than that, I'll keep smoking.

Just buy a gram or two and say thats all you're smoking for the week or whatever...

9. i usually by a half ounce, and it will last me a long time. i dont usually smoke everyday, probably every other. its just nice to have the feeling if i wanna get blazed, i can. just tell yourself u dont need something, and u dont

10. I would highly recommend starting again once a week would be good Because if you force yourself to give up somthing you enjoy then it has just as much control over you then if you were smoking multi-times everyday again. As was stated before me self-control is hard but is what needs to be done.

11. Yeah that's really true. If I buy an eighth and smoke it all in one or two days, I feel really bad when it's gone because I'm like "well that was fun . . . back to shit-life", but if I save it I always have something to look forward to at the end of the day.

12. I ussually only do it 2-4 times a month.

13. Christ almighty...you wouldn't tell an alcoholic that one drink is alright...so why would it be ok for this person?

My opinion is to not do it.

14. whats wrong with 10 roor hits?

15. If you only wanna smoke like once a week just grab like a g (or however much weed you wanna some) every week. That way you fully limit the amount you wanna smoke.

16. Rofl. Weed is a drug, drugs are to get high. All your "subconicous diving" are just your imagination. Nothing is really happening, your not talking to or discovering your sub-conconscious at all .

17. i use to smoke 10-15 blunts a day no exagg.....now i smoke daily all day like i use to, but only smoke my bowls and its nice not running through weed and money

18. well
    I was able to quit with no problem
    I guess it doesn't really hurt to start again
    but from what ive heard it seems everyone becomes a daily user after starting again and I don't want to be a daily user again

19. I'm more of a happy-stress free-no worries-relaxing type I like to get into a video game or golf or go on a beach and chill....more collected and relax when under the influence such as in Amsterdam in their shops or boat rides and sitting by the lakes......

What kind of setting do you guys like to be in?

I know a few people that just smoke then go right to sleep that to me is a waste of the "High" I find that when I smoke if im bored and have nothing to do I'll get real tired and lazy but if I'm occupied and relaxed I wont be tired when I'm "Coming Down"

20. Alright dude like you, I have a HUGELY addictive personality. BUT I manage to smoke once a week, and every 4 weeks or so I got on a 2 week break. The thing you MUST remember is moderation.

If you find yourself thinking about marijuana STOP. Pick up something to do like golf, poker, bowling, fishing, video games, etc...

You just gotta learn to have the right balance of activities in your life.

It can be hard but if you can learn to smoke once a week, then go on 2+ week breaks at a time it's SUCH an amazing feeling. You feel like you have full control over your life which is great.

You needa learn to say "no" to yourself and others when marijuana comes up.