Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Start smoking again or not?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Hypnotix, Nov 23, 2018.

1. I realise this forum might be biased but anyway...

I quit around 3 months ago, after smoking on and off for 6 years. My tolerance was really high so it was getting too expensive and I was developing a bad cough. Also I was having other problems and I thought quitting smoking would solve them.

Well the first few weeks went well and I didn't miss it too much but in the past couple of weeks my depression and stress have sky rocketed, I have no motivation, I can never relax, I can't sleep (the reason I first started was to help me sleep), my dreams are really crazy and make me feel weird when I wake up. I'm just not myself. My girlfriend has noticed all this, she never liked me smoking weed but she is actually encouraging me to get some and even said she would pay for it! I don't need or want her to but the fact she said that has shocked me.

I'm thinking that smoking helped me in a lot more ways that I realised but for some reason I am not 100% convinced I should start again. The only thing i enjoy about not smoking is that the days seem longer but then I spend most of my days depressed right now that I don't want them to be longer.

• Friendly Friendly x 1

2. Why don't you try just smoking when you wake up & about an hour or so before you go to bed, that way you wouldn't have a high tolerance & you'd sleep better/not feel depressed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I agree with Hashn.

If you do what he suggests, I really think it would make a difference. I have done some testing on myself too. I can see a huge difference, smoking some cannabis when I wake up and a second dose later on. Don't have to be baked all day to enjoy the benefits of Cannabis. Hope you feel better :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. I don't know if you should smoke cannabis, but I think you have an underlying issue that needs to be dealt with.
    I'm not saying this in a negative way, and think the same thing for me. I quit weed for the last three days (since a long while now) and my dreams are seriously deranged, scary, trauma causing, ptsd-like freak shows. It was the same thing last time I quit too. But when I smoke weed, I don't dream. I'm not blaming the weed for the dreams either.

Had a couple hoots this evening... but not a lot, just two hoots, then I put it out. I'm under a lot of stress (when are we not?), just kinda want to be able to tell myself I can handle this on my own... and I'm a miserable sob today too btw. Trying not to comment on social media (shouldn't comment!), but I am also trying to be honest... give some perspective.

Weed is not going to permanently fix your mental state but it may help you relax in minute doses, so if you are succumbing to real hard feelings, man, its ok. Don't torture yourself. I don't want MJ to be a crutch, and if I can prove to myself that I can 'take it or leave it', then cool. But these dreams bro... they're hard... I got demons that I have to deal with.

Had a hoot a few moments before writing this; I feel comfortable enough to do it. The only other time I feel this relaxed is when I'm learning about good things, like Marcus Aurelius, or Buddha, or anyone really positive (which so happen to usually turn out to be a monk). I'm not saying to shave your head and start handing flowers out, but just a short while in mediation, like the 'holy men' advise, it does help 'me'.

Anyhow, weed can be good or bad, it can be used or abused. You decide how to use it, when to use it, and whether or not to use it.

If a small amount is going to benefit your life then maybe its better... to help you while you try to become a disciplined monk :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. there seems to be a deeper issue then not smoking. find the solution to that and find that inner peace.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Have you considered low dose edibles before bed and perhaps upon waking.
    No cough, and a more even buzz instead of the peaks and valleys of smoking.

7. Try just smoking in the evening or when you are done work. Helps me de stress and sleep. If I smoke in the morning I won't do anything all day and thats not an option often for me

8. It sounds like you already know you're going to smoke again. You probably should, at least before bed. If you do okay with that you could consider a very small dose to get your day started.

9. Smoking is only a temporary fix for depression. If you decide to start smoking, you may be in the same spot you're in now 6 months after you stop again.

Clean up your diet, eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Try doing 1 hour of cardio/exercise everyday. If that's not helping you sleep, do another hour. Take control of your mind and life. Focus on your health and relationship.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app