Start of week 8

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CanadianChronic420, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Week 8 Led grow
    Only another couple left i guess. Been flushing for a few days now.
    Got 2 gdps (left) a cheese (front right) and g13 (back right).

What do you think?
    20190325_131110.jpg 20190325_131339.jpg 20190323_153928.jpg 20190325_131425.jpg 20190325_131403.jpg 20190325_131422.jpg 20190325_131355.jpg 20190325_131348.jpg 20190325_131351.jpg 20190325_161554.jpg 20190325_131549.jpg 20190325_131600.jpg 20190325_162216.jpg 20190325_162125.jpg 20190325_162106.jpg 20190325_162130.jpg 20190325_162111.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. how big is the tent? What lights are you using?

3. Looks great!! The canopy is a little uneven lol but the buds are looking good!

4. 4x4 and 2 1200W Philzon high power Led lights. The tallest plant is a little over 5 foot.

5. Thanks to very different genes for those 3 diff strains. Helped by a 3 month veg.

When I switched to flower they were roughly even.
    I even had to tie down the tallest one and it has an s shape in it. You can see a red string in some pics

6. #6 CanadianChronic420, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    It was more even. Here's some pics right at switch to now. Shows how it got uneven lol but i stretched to the corner and curved the side colas around. 20190205_145317.jpg 20190206_124333.jpg 20190225_131415.jpg 20190223_150026.jpg 20190316_160953.jpg 20190325_131107.jpg

That layer was my second scrog.

7. Nice crop mate , shoulda made better use of that scrog net, more rewarding with a even canopy, and easier to have ur lights at the right distance away

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. dif
    The different stains stretch differently. Thats the second net, first was tighter and more for spreading, this was for supporting buds more. Took the first down when i took out the males. The plants are touching each other and the sides so couldn't have been spread more and space was already filled to its fullest lol.

You can see they were the same height before stretch.

9. No matter what strains you’re growing you can always train them right and keep the canopy even.

10. #10 CanadianChronic420, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Why would I keep that nice tall GDP as short as that Cheese. That would only hurt my yield by stunting its potential. By just tying it into the corner I solved any potential light blockage for the others.
    That whole main cola wouldn't be there

11. You want them to be the same height across the tent so that you can place your light at the right distance and all your buds will get even, equal lighting. Having one much taller plant will cause 1 of 2 things, or both... 1: the tall cola could get light burned while you try to get light to the much lower colas, 2: the lower colas will get much less light and not be anywhere near reaching their potential. You are gaining 1 big cola and losing out on 50 big colas by having 15" or so distance between canopies. You lose SIGNIFICANT light intensity in just a few inches from your light. That big cola is getting great light, everything else is getting far less.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. The lights have been the same height since start of flower and they streched towards them getting as much as they need /want (would have been leggy if it wasn't getting enough and the cheese was far from leggy the whole grow). There's plenty of light in there and if you look the lights are both angled and the plants actually matched those planes they set up. The GDP and G13 did this the most. The cheese is the shorter one but is actually very close to the one half of the back light. It made the max canopy not just a 14 square foot level square but two angled planes like a V towards the center of the tent. The tall plants in opposite corners get the higher up half and the lower plants get the lower. Actually set up kinda neat if I do say so myself.

13. Still man, an untrained plant will never outyield a trained one with a level canopy. To me it seems you went into flower too late and ran out of room and this is what you were left with. Lesson learned, next time train them all, flower a little earlier, yield more, faster.

14. They were heavilly trained for the 3 months of veg especially the cheese. The only that was getting too tall was the gdp and i tied it down.

Next round I'm getting another tent and running two plants in each and gonna spread them to half the tent instead of a quarter.

Also the GDP i still lst'd the lower colas in the darker corner around and into the main light and they grew nice.

15. 90 days of veg? I could barely make it to 50 myself. How long do you plan on vegging these next ones?

16. About the same probably (maybe a lil longer) but I'll do it with two tents on a rotation so I get a crop every 2 and a half or 3 months instead of 5. Idea of the long veg for me is really maximizing the space with the number of plants at 4. The legal limit in Canada for growing is 4 so thats what I'm working with.
    I feel like 2 plants in 8 square feet each (16 per tent) instead of 4 in 4 square feet each would get approx the same yield if I added enough time to fill it adequately. I might up my pot size too a bit to allow more roots to support them.

Good way I'm thinking to start that is doing the one tent with two photos and doing the other with 2 autos and after they're done starting the next 2 photo's in there.

17. Ahhhhh, it all makes sense now. I just picked up a 8x4 myself. Im in Michigan so our limit is 12! Best in the US! Im gonna be doing a perpetual where I just add a couple plants to the tent every couple weeks or so. I top loaded myself with 8 total plants right now though.

So now I understand why you vegged so damn long. 4 plants is a really low limit, that sucks. Are you getting new lights as well?

18. For the new tent I will ya.I actually vegged my tent with just the one light but doubbled right before flower and I'm glad I did.
    I wish I could have more but I already had a mini run in with the fuzz thanks to a treacherous ex room mate. Lucky I only had one extra in there (started an extra in case of male or hermi) and they only took the one extra not the whole lot and didn't give me a ticket or anything.
    Threatened me a whole lot tho but I ended up giving the guy a quick biology lesson about plant sex.

19. Damn, thats crazy. Always fucked up how people can get off on ruining other peoples lives. Anyways.

What lights are you looking at getting? Another viparspectra? I used qb96s for the first time this last grow and I had to dim them almost all the way down when my plants were vegging. So I got just 2x qb288s for my 4x4 veg space with only a 240h driver dimmed down as well. Gotta be careful not to stress them out. Im always interested in what the other lights are doing and how people sre liking them.

Conrad's QB Corner [Perpetual Grow]

20. I'm liking these Philzons I'm using but I'll probably look around at other options too just for the sake of it (I like wasting time clearly lol). Maybe I'll try a diff one and do a comparison or even just mix and match. All in good time. Just excited for this first harvest so I can stop paying for it. Plus mine is smelling too good and I'm getting more impatient every day. I even unplugged my carbon filter cause I like the smell so much (and to improve airflow a bit).
    Def gonna stick to LED for the low hydro bill