start of flowering "flo" pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by djdub92, Feb 8, 2010.

1. today is the first day of flowering, i vegged my plants for 3 weeks and this is what they look like. the one in the back is a u2 that i bought yesterday all the other 4 are flo
    [​IMG]

2. so it has been about a week into flower and i still see no signs of buds. how long of 12/12 light until you see buds start to develop? any comments welcome...

here they are february 12[​IMG]

3. its day 9 of flowering and there is still no sing of budding, just preflowering..
    here are some pics from yesterday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Some strains show earlier than others. Most will start when its their time reguardless of turing back the lights. preflower usually shows anywhere from 30 to 50 days. So lets say your strain naturally when vegging at 40 days you may not see much happening for 2 weeks or so.

This is why IMO its always good to let the plant tell you its mature enough to flower before even turning back. 2 reasons, the longer the veg the more the fruit, and less time to start fruiting. And when you first see the crowns of fruit thats when I start my countdown of 8 weeks till harvest.

5. Well countdown your harvest based on the strains and in the end the color of the trichomes. Rarely is it 8 weeks, that is on the low end usually it takes more like 9 for heavy indicas and 11 or more for heavy sativas. After switching to 12/12 you should see some pistols appearing at about 1-2 weeks mark, most likely there will be some obvious budding by week two...But yeah it does depend if they were in the pre-flower stage before ya switched them, but those look pretty young so i am guessing they were not.

By week three my buds are about as big as round as a quarter. and a few inches long. but I supplement with CO2 which really boosts things.

IMHO it looks like your bags are plenty big for the size of your plants, and you are taking up quite a bit of dirt and floor space with those. With the size of those plants depending on your feeding and substrate you could get by with a 1 gal or 2 gal. Although its hard to even tell how big those are considering they are so much wider then deep. It looks like coco? I use a coco/pro-mix at 50/50 and I can get three foot plants in a 1 gal...however I like the peace of mind of the 2 gal..so thats what i go with.

6. What is the strain some kind of sativa indica hybrid? You know what it is?