Start Flowering @ 8"-12" ; HOW BIG will plants get?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by qwickymart, Jun 13, 2005.

1. I have 28 plants in 3 gallon buckets (soil). The plants are all 8-12" long and all have 2 shoots (I trained them at 4")...

IF I BEGIN FLOWERING THEM @ 8"-12" WILL THEY CONTINUE TO GROW MUCH BIGGER?

2. :hello: Hey qwickymart,

Most healthy plants will grow twice their height during the budding stage. Especially when you force them at that height. I just finished doing about the same thing. Most of the plants grew to be about 2 feet tall with nice big kolas. If your limited on space this is a good way to finish out your grow. Some of your plants may even get a little bigger that 2 feet. Good luck :smoke:
    I.B.Token

3. I could easily accomadate a 4ft plant and the last 28plants I grew were about 4ft and I got nearly 3lbs from it all... HUGE COLAS.

My problem is I only have 70-80 days left before I have to turn over the place I grow back to the owner.

I should have started the clones sooner but was too busy, I took 3days off to set everything up and got them all planted in 3 gallon pots - but they are only 8-12" tall and I need to START FLOWERING NOW if I am going to have a good 60+ days to finish them...

I also wonder - since I don't have any days to veg them, can I train and nip/clip growth tips during flowering to increase plant size? Or will that stunt growth or reduce yield???

Thanks for any advice.

4. Tying / training will not make a bigger yield it simply saves you room. as for fiming I would not do that if you are on a tight time schedule, it takes time for the plant to grow back, and it also stresses the plant.

5. You might wanna check into LST... It could help you with space, and it could boost your yield on your time-table. You'll get more grow tips per plant, like a fim, but without cutting and slowing the growth much...

There's a couple threads around here about LST... Run a search and see if it's for you.

6. You will want to tie them down if they grow to big. basicly tying a thick string ( fat shoelace, ribbon, thicker yarns ect) to the branches getting too
    big and anchor it down to the pot, and as they grow more, make the string pull the branches down more, got the jist?

Hmmm. I guess i havent have good genetics :confused:

most of my plants (past 3 grows) dont grow THAT much more after flowering...

but now i have a much more stable BBxNL strain.

tallest plant is about 18 1/2 inches. and they went into flower june first.

Do u guys think the tallest is going to need to be tied down?

7. Strains that are really indica dominent usually don't stretch a whole lot in flowering, which could explain why yours don't usually grow too much after flowering...

8. Make so much sense.LOL. never grown a sativa strain before... :eek:
    thanks

9. Yeah i was going to say damn when i put my plants on 12-12 they're going to get that much bigger that would be ideal. lol my plants are already huge biggest one probably about 2 feet tall before flowering so ill keep you posted on how big it actually gets during flowering i have all kinds of different seeds going so we'll seeeeeeeeee.