Start cheap and add on or buy all at once?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by just one toke, Feb 27, 2014.

1. So I'm planning to get a bong worth about 100-150 in the next few months. I don't really want to spend it all now because money is semi-tight and I don't have a good place to store it so as I take it around with me I don't want it to break. My plan was to get like a 50ish dollar bong now that just looks cool and has good build quality, then over the next few months add on to it. I know the main add ons are diffused downstem and ashcatcher but I don't really know much about those and whats available and how effective they are?

2. Nice, we'll you should check how thickqualityglass.com and check out there stuff, you can get a nice bong for a good price on there

3. Id skip the ashcatcher and use that money on the tube itself.  I've tried different ashcatchers, toro, sov ,no name brand etc every one of them made my tube hit worse.  My thinking is kind of the lowest common denominator thing: one bad perc ruins all the good ones and ashcatchers generally don't have as nice a perc as tubes.

4. If you want a straight tube, I recommend 5mm thick glass. If you have 100-150, then you can definitely find some good stuff.
    For add ons, I'd keep it simple. A nice showerhead downstem with a work Ice pinch bowl would probably be nicer than having an ash catcher to me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. You can buy a pretty sweet bong depending on what you're tastes are for that price range. I would suggest going all in at first and if you really feel an ash catcher etc. is necessary after then save up. I thought the same thing on my first purchase until I got it and realized I didn't need all that other stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app