Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stars

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Timmmaayyyyy, Aug 29, 2011.

1. I was just outside smoking and looking at the stars and then I thought of this random question. If some astronauts were going to try to fly to a star and land on it would they go blind (assuming they actually got to the star) ? Because if we can see stars from earth then they are obviously extremely bright.

2. Stars are light years away. Except the Sun of course. We would probably never be able to withstand so much hit, and also the time it would take to get there.

3. Plus many of the stars have gone out years ago, the light is just getting to our planet. Flying towards the light does not necessarily flying to a star.

4. Here, I'll let you borrow my cloud...You go ahead and head for the sun, send me a postcard.:cool:

5. I love this thread :) it's so calm and peaceful and promotes daydreaming.

6. nice!

i see death.

7. Are you mocking my cloud?!:cool:

8. Staring at the sky on a cloudy day or starry night is epic af but even if you got to where the star was, you'd get sucked in by a humongous black hole. I wouldn't mind though that'd be a pretty epic death. It would be even more epic if it didn't cause death but a teleportation to a parallel universe :smoking:

9. #9 letscruise, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    ...woah. So once you get to the parallel universe what do you do next lol do you just... Accept it and try to live? Or do you attempt to go back to your normal universe. Im just saying like if that were easy to do that hahah

10. Depends on if they have dank or not ;)

11. a stars heat or radiation would certainly fry you before you got there IMO, not sure about the facts tho

12. This ^ is EPIC. I like the way you think.

13. #13 HBGBUB, Aug 29, 2011
    O no dude they'd totally be straight. They'd just need those transition lenses in their helmets for when they walked out of the shuttle. Stars aren't hot at all actually they're quite cold. That's what produces light. The cold of the star reacts at a molecular level with fairy dust that is in space from the great fairy war of the before time. So just get some transitions and you'll be good.

14. I WANNA know what is on the other side of a black hole

15. well im not sure if you aware of this but a star is actually what our sun is.. so when you staring at the sky what you seeing is a collection of "suns" the planets you would not be able to see with the naked eye unless its in our own solar system.

so i think the best way to answer your question is to say no human being can get anywhere within a million light years of our star (aka the sun) and our star isnt the biggest at all.

16. I'm pretty sure it's just immense gravity at the apex of it, shaped like an ice cream cone.

17. Imagine ripping a bong in space or hotboxing a shuttle. I would be satisfied with life if i could smoke some dank shit and play anti-gravity freeze tag with other astronauts :D

18. #18 HBGBUB, Aug 30, 2011
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This, this and all fucking day this

19. I'm down.

[​IMG]

20. Look into the light my son.

The imagination inside of our heads, is definitely the most vast frontier. :)