Stars

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by snoop456, Jul 17, 2014.

1. You ever look up at the stars, and think to yourself, fuck, have those things ALWAYS just been there?

2. #2 Tokesmith, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    The stars haven't always nor will they always be there. But I do like looking at them. The night sky is amazing. Just had a dream which I was looking through my telescope and started to panic because there were so many. I could see billions. Idk why I panicked though, laughed about it when I woke up.

"I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken" -Talladega nights

3. I love being high outside at night. I just lay back and look at the stars and feel like the sky is going to swallow me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. The stars make me think of all the hot guys in the world

Omega369

5. youre not actually seeing stars as they are now, but as they looked some odd light years ago.

6. What really trips me out is how fucking far away they are. And they're just, like, objects that are floating around. And its not like they're "up there," so much as all around! Say you look at your couch or your cupboards or something and you think, "oh, it's right over there, in that direction." The stars are also "right over there." They're just really, really... reeeaally far away.

That's not to mention how incredibly, mind-fuckingly HUGE they are. If our sun's radius were 8 feet tall (let's say from the floor to the ceiling of a house/apartment), the earth would be a tiny little bump on the wall. And some stars dwarf the sun in the same manner. Some super massive stars, if in the same position as the sun in our solar system, would engulf Saturn, and that's a fuck of a long ways away!

Going on trips through space makes for my favorite type of high I think.

Tl;dr... Stars are cool and shit.

7. we're all stars

8. Oh yeah

I love just lying on the grass at the park in the middle of the night and blazing a fatty.

It's all about perspective. I see this tiny tiny dot in the sky, and I image how far away it is, how that distance planet looks like, the planet's surface and all these details.

Makes me feel like Im floating off this stupid planet and off into deep space

A good reminder of how insignificant life is.