Stargate / Star Trek

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by The3amJunkie, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Just watch the series in order, from the movie watch the TV pilot (which is tech another movie called Children of the Gods) it shows how the Gate program started back up and how Daniel Jackson came back.

I love the series far better, but the movie is cool too. I don't like the large difference in characters between movie and show, mostly Jack. but he was in a more depressed state in the movie, and kinda perked up by the time ths show came around. but the shows version of O'Neil is best.

the movie writer is talking about making a direct sequel to the movie that has NOTHING to do with the series cuz he doesnt like the series, i think he should fuck off. the series is what made Stargate man. I wish there was still an active series, or maybe more movies.

the last movie was Continuum, which I actually enjoyed...but still I miss The Gate

I had posters of Seven and Torres when I was a kid. lol came out of a magazine

2. [quote name='"DojaCFR"']

the movie writer is talking about making a direct sequel to the movie that has NOTHING to do with the series cuz he doesnt like the series, i think he should fuck off. the series is what made Stargate man. I wish there was still an active series, or maybe more movies.
    [/quote]

Yeah I heard about that too, if he does make the sequel, maybe it will inspire someone to do another spin off. Doubt it, but it would be cool to have another SG-1-esque show, especially with modern special effects. What's everybody's opinion on SGA and SGU?

3. The movie was awesome for its time but in reflection it could have been better with another 30 minutes of story. It all just happens so fast.

SG-1. At first I had a hard time liking it. Then I realized it is supposed to be cheeky and cliche. I like all the macguyver and Simpsons references. It definitely stretched on for a little too long. Samantha Carter is the second best character in the series. Once they introduced that British chick with the dark hair I really found the show to be unwatchable.

SGA - I really liked this story and all the characters, save maybe Elizabeth Weir. Rodney was the reason I kept watching and remains my favorite SG character. I really liked the story line with the ancients and that it ended when it needed to. The sg1 SGA crossover episodes are all pretty classic.

SGU - a really rough cast asked to do more than they were capable of. The storyline was inventive and took a lot of risks although they were too protective of their main cast and too unwilling to kill of key characters while killing off the good talent they managed to add in. The overuse of the stones hurt the main story while coming off like a cheap version of how Lost told its side character stories. All-in-all they deserved a good final 13-episodes with a 2-hour final to explain the whole story arc and conclude the series. I was extremely interested in the back ground interference pattern and the whole "this is our destiny" thing plays out. The timeline skip was their undoing. By the end of the series the writing became really petty towards the studio using the script to supplant the "bad guys" and speak their mind. It was very transparent who they were really talking about through the characters. Sad, because Dr. Rush and Eli were a great combo without Matt and the girl.

I am kind of a nerd...

4. i love General Hammonds catch phrase, ".. Do it"

cracks me up every time

5. Aw man, I have deep love for both.