Starcraft 2 Tournament?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by atari, Mar 14, 2012.

1. BenAffleck.645

2. #22 Jon_Snow, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    Caesar.984

3. Groups are as follows

A)
    Myself
    atari
    lazystudent
    whysmoke
    postpavillion

B)
    Edibles
    tnarugby
    3amjunkie
    juan
    terry

any questions, ask them. We are trying to have all games ----finished---- by the end of the weekend.

Un-official Rules-

-If you say your gonna play such n such person @ such and such time, do it.
    -Winnersof the 3 games reports match score in thread after games are played. If there is a dispute about results, me and atari can and will look @ any replays, screenshots, or profile results posted.
    - Please no glitching or cheating. Same rules as above apply^^^(f there is a dispute about results, me and atari can and will look @ any replays, screenshots, or profile results posted.)
    -
    -
    -

Example of how this all works if you dont know or are confused....
    SECTION 1
    EXAMPLE FOR GROUP A....

I would play 3 games against atari, lazystudent, whysmoke, postpavillion making 12 games total. If i go 1-2 vs atari, 1-2 vs lazy studen, 3-0 vs why smoke and 3-0 vs postpavillion that would tally my record to... 8 - 4 losses. After we have each players record tallied we will seperate the top 3 records from each group and the bottom 3 from each group.

so the top 6 players total move on and will go into playoff style bracket.
    I will now describe this through pictures. this now enters section 2 of the tourny..

SECTION 2

[​IMG]

As you can see, due to the low number of entries :( and my being highness this playoff bracket is a little different... but it still works !

OK so how this works is, the player with the best record from section 1 will be placed into the p5 position. All others will be randomly assigned to another position, p1-p6 (minus p5 obv). The winner of P5vP6 will get a bye and automatically put into finals. (so either the player doing the best so far will get a bye or the player who knocks out the best at that moment will get a bye)

[​IMG]

The rest is self explanitory imo. If you need help understanding or are confused post and ask.

4. character name Pocmin
    character code 992

5. sooooooo yea we need the people who signed up to post again with their name and character code, ASAP. we wanted to have the event span over this weekend but unless you people sign in and are ready or we will have to find new people.

so far

atari
    terry
    nowisb
    juanring
    tnarugby
    the3amjunkie
    lazy student
    (whysmoke?)
    (edibles?)
    (postpavillion?)

bolded have signed in. Either the rest of you post here and say you are playing or post here and say you are not......

6. #26 NowIsB, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
    ok these people are out as of now because they dont like to respond to pms or post here saying yes or no,

juanring
    tnarugby
    the3amjunkie
    lazy student
    (whysmoke?)

we looking for new people, anyone welcome.

we are looking for 3-5 more people :) :)

7. Fucking hell guys, I just realized I'm not even going to be home most of Saturday. What time were you planning on doing this? I can play Sunday(afaik at least), and maybe Saturday night/ late afternoon, so if we still have it this weekend those are kind of the only times I'm free...sorry :(

8. no big deal terry, we still need some more ppl. Invite your friends if you have some that play sc2 :)

9. Guys im def in Username: CcD Skill:platinum Division 2v2. Gold 1v1.

10. BUt i did just switch to zerg from being mainly terran so id say im bout 80% strength I could hang with just about any silver/gold but platinum guys have been kcikin my ASS lately lol damn 2v2's

11. #31 JuanRing, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    I'm still in we need to organize brackets and get some solid matches set down, then we need to decide on a time. We don't have to do them all at once, we can be flexible. I'm open hours so whenever is best for yalls

My Username is SDJohn like I spell it there, and my character code is 950. The email is SDisle@hotmail.com

12. already have a backet set up. and matches need to wait until we have a couple more people. everyone who is playing continue to type oyur Battlenet info in here.. ie name and char code and or REAL ID email adress.

13. Idk if this tournament already happened but I'd like to play.

MCWhiteHaze : 627

14. No tourny yet, very soon , stay ready please itwill more than likely take place within a week if we get a few more peoples :)

15. Yeah I'm totally still down and ready, I'm checking back here every couple days we just need a couple more people to sign on.

16. id like to do this this weekend so if you know anyone on gc who plays get em in hurrr

17. #37 atari, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    gc name - username - character code
    1. atari - BenAffleck - 645
    2. nowisb - LifeLine - 770
    3. terrythetoker - Caesar - 984
    4. edibles - Pocmin - 992
    5. xiggyD - CcD - postcharactercodeplease
    6. JuanRing - SDJohn - 950
    7. DrazyHaze - MCWhiteHaze - 627

we can either wait for 1 more and do a more standard single elimination with a losers bracket but maybe modify it so everyone plays against more people, or we can wait for 3 more people and do the layout as described on the previous page, opinions?

18. i added everyone who put their info so if you get a request from either benaffleck or andrew (depending if you put your real id email or not) its me :D

and with 3am that makes 8 so if everyones down we could possibly start asap, or see if we get more by the weekend

19. gc name - username - character code
    1. atari - BenAffleck - 645
    2. nowisb - LifeLine - 770
    3. terrythetoker - Caesar - 984
    4. edibles - Pocmin - 992
    5. xiggyD - CcD - postcharactercodeplease
    6. JuanRing - SDJohn - 950
    7. DrazyHaze - MCWhiteHaze - 627
    8. the3amjunkie - the3amjunkie - the3amjunkie@gmail.com