Starcraft 2 Tournament?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by atari, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Would anybody be interested in one? i know there's a bunch of us blades who play sc2, and i thought we could have some sort of tournament or something :) i know of about 5ish people who would probably be down, but we need more than that and i think the more we can get onboard the better.

i think we should aim for at least 8, and i think the next number up from that would be 16 players to have a simple format, unless we wanna do something crazy

so if you play sc2 don't be shy, this isn't a super serious thing and you don't have to be in a super high league to play, this is just for fun and bragging rights :)

please post in here if youre at all interested, and any suggestions for how youd like a tournament to happen!

:smoke:

2. #2 Jon_Snow, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    You already know I'm in, but I'd like to throw out there that I really think this should be a regular thing, doing it like once every few months or so. Also we should have a GC-related prize for the winner, like a custom sig or something.

Edit: also, I would love to be involved with this if possible, like with the planning/preparations and such.

3. of course man! i was hoping someone could step in and help me haha. also thats a good idea with having it as a regularish thing, thatd be fun so people could get vengeance :p for you know... maybe a cannon rush ;)

4. im interested.

5. #5 Jon_Snow, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    [quote name='"atari"']

of course man! i was hoping someone could step in and help me haha. also thats a good idea with having it as a regularish thing, thatd be fun so people could get vengeance :p for you know... maybe a cannon rush ;)[/quote]

Awesome, if this does get to be a big thing just tell me what you need done and I'll do it.

Yes, exactly, you cheesy little slut, you. Lol ;).

And ya'know, if this does get relatively big(like 16 people or more) on here, it would be kind of cool to establish teams and stuff, making it kind of like a GCSL rather than just a tournament.

6. true terry team leagues would be fun, but do you mean 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, or do you mean like 5 players are selected on each team and whoever wins more 1v1's between the 10 players is the winner?

7. starter edition eligible?

8. #8 JuanRing, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
    I'm absolutely down man. I'm in plat btw. I think we should have people put down some standard information like this.

Username: SDJohn
    Code: 950
    Skill Level: Platinum

Everyone should at least put down their name and code so we can connect. I'd be stoked if we could make this happen.

9. BenAffleck.645

skill level: ....learning :p

10. #10 atari, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    and if you wanna get help me get this off the ground message (dont spam) anyone you know on gc who plays, post it in any recent-ish-ly updated sc2 threads (kinda already did this) and lets get this going!

so far we only got 4,

atari
    terry
    nowisb
    juanring

also there are 2 other people who will probably join with us, so 6, but even still we needa get a bunch more!

and whysmoke unfortunately i don't think we could really do this with starter addition, as if the maps we select arent in the starter addition youd be out of luck, we'll see if we can work something out with it though so stay tuned!

11. im bronze... >.>

but if anyone wants to play some...

Romulan

12. #12 JuanRing, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
    I added you, you wanna play some right now?

Also for the prize we could all pool in for a sick bong from GC or something. I don't know if we could actually make that happen though

13. #13 atari, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    atari
    terry
    nowisb
    juanring
    tnarugby
    (whysmoke?)

good start guys! lets make this happen!

14. atari
    terry
    nowisb
    juanring
    tnarugby
    (whysmoke?)

= 6

+ Possibly 2 more (poc n woot?)

= 8 (minimum amount we want to have an average winners/losers bracket tourney)

@ the time being, our current plan is to divide the 8 total players into 2 groups of 4. Group A & B or 1 & 2.

Example of how matches will be played and who will move on...

Player 1 in group A will player player 2, player 3, and player 4 from group A. Each match will be a best of 3.
    The same is done for group B.

After all games are played the top 2 players from Group A & B with the highest win record thus far into the tourney will pass on. The bottom 2 players from each group will pass down into the losers bracket.

Winners and losers bracket will be played the same, EX: there will be 4 total players in winners (and losers) brackets. 2 from group A 2 from group B. a random opponent will be picked for each player to play in a best of 5, winner moves up to play in finals (for winners) and same for losers.

If we do not get 8 players (woot n poc bitch out) we will have to do a different style. If we get 12 players (next logical # to assume) we can do the same style with groups of 6 rather than groups of 4. in groups of 6 top 3 move on bottom 3 go to losers.

15. Had the game since it came out but never played it gonna install it today the name for my battlenet account is The3amJunkie if that helps.

16. We also need your character code or email associated with that account to add you.

17. id be down to play in this is in like a week because right now im swamped with midterms.

also im on my phone and i cant see what my player code or w/e is, i may have posted it before but im too high to remember

18. atari
    terry
    nowisb
    juanring
    tnarugby
    the3amjunkie
    lazy student
    (whysmoke?)
    (edibles?)
    (postpavillion?)

19. if everyone could be ready by this weekend thatd be suuuper and please just post an update in this thread saying youre ready! <3 u all

also in the confirmation post put your username and character code or bnet email! thanks!

20. Lifeline.770