Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Ryan Donnelly, Feb 2, 2013.

1. trying to decide which one to get what do u guys like more

2. Starcraft 2 hands down. The amount of replayability is endless.

I can also show you the ropes.

Heart of the swarm releases in march and if you preorder you get beta acess.

I would recommend that over buying Wings of Liberty then having to go buy HotS later

3. i havent played starcraft 2, but i have diablo 3.

diablo 3 was fun for a while, but after my characters got to level 60, it got boring. theres plenty of things to do on diablo but i just wasnt hooked as compared to when i first started my barbarian..

4. #4 Ryan Donnelly, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
    im doing the starter editions of both just to see which i like more. just made a demon hunter on diablo and so far its pretty cool. im not too familiar with RTS's but do u build an army to command as u go or are u always commanding one character? or is the multiple units to command only in multiplayer?

and Drazy what did u mean when u said i should hold off on getting wings of liberty

5. Wings of Liberty is the current Starcraft expansion. Heart of the Swarm releases in march. no sense in buying WoL. But you can buy HotS and get into beta. So basically what im saying is...

Buy Hots

6. so preorder Hots and stick with the original starcraft 2 right now?

7. My understanding was that you HAVE to have WoL to play HotS, as it's an expansion. At least I hope that's the case because I bought both a few days ago. D:

8. [quote name='"Ryan Donnelly"']so preorder Hots and stick with the original starcraft 2 right now?[/quote]

Just buy HOTS and NOT WoL. Preordering HoTS. Gives you beta access.

So buying HoTS means youll immediately start playing, getting ahead of a lot of players.

9. [quote name='"Taniwha"']My understanding was that you HAVE to have WoL to play HotS, as it's an expansion. At least I hope that's the case because I bought both a few days ago. D:[/quote]

This may be correct. Im not positive. If this is the case go ahead and buy WoL and start learning the game.

Starcraft 2 is extremely fun.